Please.....help Travel Transit Visa problems...

I140-June2003

Registered Users (C)
I m travelling to India in Aug & got the information that we need the transit visa for Paris they says if u r on AP u need the transit visa & if u have a valid US visa i.e. H4 or so u don't need the transit visa correct me if I m wrong?

My situtation is I have the AP1 which is exp on 21st July have applied for AP2 in April but still waiting. My H4 expired on March 30 & recently got the H4 extension approved till March 2005 now I want to stamp it in India & I m planning to travel on H4 but at present I don't have a valid stamp in my passport.

What should I do about the Transit visa??

All the suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I140-June2003 said:
I m travelling to India in Aug & got the information that we need the transit visa for Paris they says if u r on AP u need the transit visa & if u have a valid US visa i.e. H4 or so u don't need the transit visa correct me if I m wrong?

My situtation is I have the AP1 which is exp on 21st July have applied for AP2 in April but still waiting. My H4 expired on March 30 & recently got the H4 extension approved till March 2005 now I want to stamp it in India & I m planning to travel on H4 but at present I don't have a valid stamp in my passport.

Thanks in advance

You definitely need Transit visa. Since your visa (stamp) has been expired on your pass port , you are 'out of status' once you leave the US shore( for other countries).

I was in similar situation.

I140-June2003 said:

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I travelled to India in May and I also did not have a visa stamped in my passport. I had just AP. I took Air India flight which stops in Paris but the passengers were not allowed to get down. Some people came to check the luggage and passports but no one questioned me. Even while coming back the same. I was told before going to India that if I travel thru London I'll need a transit Visa and if it is thru Paris I don't require as there is no flight change(Air India).

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

Dear GC_Kaavaali

Thanks for u'r prompt reply I appreciate it. But u had a valid AP with u right? I don't have a vaild AP coz it's exp in July & I haven't yet received my AP2 but I do have the H4 approval notice with me is that okkk.

Thanks once again

No one checked my AP in Paris

I140-June2003 said:
Dear GC_Kaavaali

Thanks for u'r prompt reply I appreciate it. But u had a valid AP with u right? I don't have a vaild AP coz it's exp in July & I haven't yet received my AP2 but I do have the H4 approval notice with me is that okkk.

Thanks once again

Hey,
I just showed my passport in Paris(inside the flight). I did not show my AP. I don't think those guys know anything about AP. If the guys really will consider AP than they should also consider your H4. I am pretty sure it is OK to travel in your situation, but to be cautious check with your lawyer.

Make sure you have H4 stamped in your passport before you leave India.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

Dear GCJaisaKoiNahi

Thanks for u'r prompt reply I appreciate it. According to u I need the Transit visa but then what documents should I show to get the transit visa I don't have valid AP in my hand at present AP1 is exp in July & Ap2 not yet received & I have the H4 approval notice not the stamp on passport.

Thanks

I would suggest you to contact the French embassy in US to get details about obtaining transit visa. It will be better to know what to expect, before you fly.

sertr2002

If there is any doubt, dont fly via Paris. Go through Amsterdam or maybe through Hong Kong or take the non stop flight to Bombay.

I was in similar situation when I went through Amsterdam in May, I did not have any problems. But if you have to go through Paris then my advise is check with the French Consulate.

Regarding Transit Visa

My wife came back from India last week, when she left, she had H-4 approval notice and her visa expired long back. She didn't have any problem while going to India. While coming back she got her H-4 visa. So I don't think you will have any problem while going. But coming you can use your AP or go for visa stamping.

Non Stp Service to Bombay????

Hi gc80,

You mentioned about the Non-stop flight to Bombay. Is there any Non-stop service to Bombay?

As per my info the only non-stop service out of North America to India is the one which operates from Toroto to New Delhi.

Any body else having more info??

Regards

Vipul.

Non Stp Service to Bombay????

Hi gc80,

You mentioned about the Non-stop flight to Bombay. Is there any Non-stop service to Bombay?

As per my info the only non-stop service out of North America to India is the one which operates from Toronto to New Delhi.

Any body else having more info??

Regards

Vipul.

Dear grs2003

Which airlines did u'r wife went to Bombay?? If u don't mind can u tell me what all documents r required for visa stamping in Mumbai & what is the procedure do we need an appointment...coz I m doing the same i.e. doing the H4 stamping in Mumbai consulate. I appreciate u'r help.

Thanks

Re:Travel Transit Visa

My wife went to Hyderabad by Air India. You can take appointment online, check out the details at ttsvisa web page. The documents she took to Chennai consulate
1. My passport all pages, my LCA, and H-1 approval notice
2. My wife's H-4 approval notice,
3. Marriage Certificate.
4. Copy of W-2 and Tax returns and pay stubs of last 3 months.
5. Ofcourse she took our marriage photos, bank statements, SSN card just in case if they case.
I hope this information is useful to you