Please Help -> To get My wife H4

kumarmandla

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I came to US on Aug 2001 with company A on H1 vias with validity of Oct 2003. I didn't work for that company. With out working for company A i jumped to company B in June 2002.
since june 2002 i am working for Company B have all the legal status. I got married on Apr 2003 and applied for my wife H4 in chennai consulate. Chennai consulate asking the w-2 since 2001. Which i don't have.

Your suggestion is more valuable for me.

Thanks in Advance

please reply back to kumarmandla@yahoo.com

You violated your status by not reporting for employment at your first H1 sponsoring employer. Between Aug 2001 and June 2002 you will be considered in such a violation. This is a serious violation and you need to consult a lawyer.

Chennai has recently been asking proof of valid status from from H visa applicants from the time they landed in the US. They also have refused H visas (H1 and H4) to applicants who are unable to show that they were in legal status during their stay in the US. Looks like you fall under such category and might have to pay for these violations.

What were you thinking?

Re: Re: Please Help -> To get My wife H4

Thanks Alot for your response. My company attorney is trying for my wife H4. I am planning to stay here till dec 2003. If my wife didn't get her h4 till that time i am planning to go back to india.
But i am really worrying alot to go back to india. now i have enough control on us job market.

Anyway i am unluckky.

People ALWAYS forget:

" what goes around, comes around "

and realize only after it has come around.

Sadly, this is true, even for me!

Hence, it is very important in life, to do the right thing EVERY TIME, ALL THE TIME.

By doing something wrong,we may be happy today that what we have done is profitable for us, but in the long run, believe me, it wont be.

When you dumped your first employer and perhaps took out your grievances if any, you might have jumped with joy that you got more salary with someone else ,but see where it has landed you today.

Anyways, too late to ponder over the past. Atleast now, we should realize and do the right thing from now on.

Too philosophical,eh? Well applies to me too!:D

consult a lawyer immediately. you have not maintained your h1 status between aug 2001 and jun 2002