please help-substituted labor, PD current, single guy

As per knowledge thats is absolutely right, pd is the date of labor filed. I guess my I140 would be filed next week. Hope all stays the same till then.

Keep me posted about your I140 process and i will do the same.

pdman

pdman,
My lawyers have all docs ready to file I-140. You are right...if things go ok the PD is the PD of the sub labor. Also, my lawyer said that the INS is starting to consolidate processing centers into specific areas of expertise.

E.G XXX ofr H1b processing, YYYY for I-140, ZZZZ for labor etc. I-140 from CSC are being transferred to Texas. Starting April 1, all I-140's need to filed to Nebraska Service center, irrespective of location of applicant.

My lawyers said, that though they have my papers in place, they are going to file it next week. She felt it was better to file it directly to Nebraska, rather than file it in CSC this week. She felt filing it in CSC will get it under the pile of prior I-140's and then get trasnferred to Texas as the current I-140's. She said I could file 485 if I so desire, after receiving receipt of I-140 notice.

Hope this helps. So, my I-140 will go out next week. How is your I-140 coming along?

Hi doesitmatter,

My lawyer also has all the docs ready for my review. I got my I485 papers ready as well. I am gonna take a chance and file both together, lets see how it goes. So I guess day after tomorrow I should be ready to file as well. But you are right I will also just double check with my lawyer to ensure that we are filing at the correct service center.

I feel that we should file at Nebraska around 31st March which is friday, so that they recieve it on 1st April, 06.

pdman

doesitmatter said:
pdman,
My lawyers have all docs ready to file I-140. You are right...if things go ok the PD is the PD of the sub labor. Also, my lawyer said that the INS is starting to consolidate processing centers into specific areas of expertise.

E.G XXX ofr H1b processing, YYYY for I-140, ZZZZ for labor etc. I-140 from CSC are being transferred to Texas. Starting April 1, all I-140's need to filed to Nebraska Service center, irrespective of location of applicant.

My lawyers said, that though they have my papers in place, they are going to file it next week. She felt it was better to file it directly to Nebraska, rather than file it in CSC this week. She felt filing it in CSC will get it under the pile of prior I-140's and then get trasnferred to Texas as the current I-140's. She said I could file 485 if I so desire, after receiving receipt of I-140 notice.

Hope this helps. So, my I-140 will go out next week. How is your I-140 coming along?

Also at the back of my mind I want to file it asap to avoid the possibility of new law.

pdman said:
Hi doesitmatter,

My lawyer also has all the docs ready for my review. I got my I485 papers ready as well. I am gonna take a chance and file both together, lets see how it goes. So I guess day after tomorrow I should be ready to file as well. But you are right I will also just double check with my lawyer to ensure that we are filing at the correct service center.

I feel that we should file at Nebraska around 31st March which is friday, so that they recieve it on 1st April, 06.

pdman

I am married, therefor it makes sense to apply 485 as well.

doesitmatter said:
great! Pdman, are u single or married? Just curious since you are filing 485 as well...

pd man,
my I-140 was filed on April 3. I haven't yet received any receipt notice. Will keep you updated. Has yours been filed? Let me know if you received your receipt notice. I am starting to collect docs for I-485.

Thanks!

Hi Doesitmatter,

My I-140/I-485 was filed today. So our filing is almost together. By the way do you know which center is your case filed ? Lets keep track of the receipt number. I think it might take 7-10 days.

pdman

Are you planning to file I-1485 before marriage ? If you need any help in 485 docs, let me know.

Mine was filed with the NSC on April 3. I believe all I-140's need to go there from April 1. Yes, I am wondering about filing the I-485. So far I am collecting the initial prep list suggested by the paralegal.

1. Birth certificate
2. Copies of all important docs since I enetered the US...I-20 (F1), EAD (F1), etc, H1-B approval notices, etc,

Did you have to do other things before filing the I-485 like medicals etc? I would appreciate some input on this. Also, I am in the bay area. So, if you are also in the Bay area and you have some sugeestions specific to the bay area that will be useful.

My lawyer suggested that they will prefer to file I-485 only after receiving I-140 receipt notice, not sure why. I didnt bug them about it, since they had just changed their mind from not filing I-485 prior to I-140 approval to filing after receiving I-140 receipt notice:)

I am still confused regarding filing I-485 before marriage. There are some specific personal reasons why I cant marry for a year or so and that also puts me at the end of my H1-B term. I am really tempted to go for the 485 esp with the new law and all the legalization of illegal immigrants crap. I will decide in a week or so. Tough choice.

I guess medicals are important and time consuming so I would recommend get them done if you can. Also if you have to wait for an year for marriage then get over with this GC process as you never know about new rules, but yeah I understand then getting your spouse to US would be another uphill task.

I am not in bay area :). I am curious to see when my recipt notice comes as with this Bi-Specialization rule I am not sure how long will it take for them to issue receipt number for I-140. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

pdman

doesitmatter said:
Mine was filed with the NSC on April 3. I believe all I-140's need to go there from April 1. Yes, I am wondering about filing the I-485. So far I am collecting the initial prep list suggested by the paralegal.

1. Birth certificate
2. Copies of all important docs since I enetered the US...I-20 (F1), EAD (F1), etc, H1-B approval notices, etc,

Did you have to do other things before filing the I-485 like medicals etc? I would appreciate some input on this. Also, I am in the bay area. So, if you are also in the Bay area and you have some sugeestions specific to the bay area that will be useful.

My lawyer suggested that they will prefer to file I-485 only after receiving I-140 receipt notice, not sure why. I didnt bug them about it, since they had just changed their mind from not filing I-485 prior to I-140 approval to filing after receiving I-140 receipt notice:)

I am still confused regarding filing I-485 before marriage. There are some specific personal reasons why I cant marry for a year or so and that also puts me at the end of my H1-B term. I am really tempted to go for the 485 esp with the new law and all the legalization of illegal immigrants crap. I will decide in a week or so. Tough choice.

funny...I was logging in to ask you the same question...nothing as of yesterday...hopefully sometime this week or atleast early next week...

pdman,
got my I-140 receipt today. you shld get yours soon. The I-140 forum has a Neb service center tracker....that has data from many I-140 applicants. Be sure to check it out.

Thanks!

doesitmatter said:
pdman,
got my I-140 receipt today. you shld get yours soon. The I-140 forum has a Neb service center tracker....that has data from many I-140 applicants. Be sure to check it out.

Thanks!

Hi Doesitmatter,

Thanks for letting me know. Congratulations. I am waiting for my Receipt number. Does your receipt notice has any PD ? Also I thought that California cases were getting transfered to TSC. It will be interesting to see what receipt number I get because even my labor is from California.

Pdman,

I filed mine in nebraska. The case id indicates that it is being processed in Texas. I guess all of us file at NSC after April 1. Then the NSC sends some of the I-140's to NSC.

The I-140 receipt notices, from what I have seen, usually come within a week if you file at NSC and they process it at NSC. If however yours is chosen to be transferred to TSC (like mine), you will probably hear in 2-3 weeks (mine took 2.4 weeks) I am guessing yours is also being transferred to TSC, since its from Cal and it has taken you abt 2 weeks since you filed.

The I-140 website is down. Will let you know if I can verify the PD on it.

Thanks!

Interesting

doesitmatter said:
Pdman,

I filed mine in nebraska. The case id indicates that it is being processed in Texas. I guess all of us file at NSC after April 1. Then the NSC sends some of the I-140's to NSC.

The I-140 receipt notices, from what I have seen, usually come within a week if you file at NSC and they process it at NSC. If however yours is chosen to be transferred to TSC (like mine), you will probably hear in 2-3 weeks (mine took 2.4 weeks) I am guessing yours is also being transferred to TSC, since its from Cal and it has taken you abt 2 weeks since you filed.

The I-140 website is down. Will let you know if I can verify the PD on it.

Thanks!

OK, here is something interesting, my lawyer received the receipt notices yesterday for the details of my concurrent filing. My FD is 04/06, RD is 04/07 and my processing center is Nebraska(which is the interesting part). Its going to be interesting to see how things move ahead. I saw the I-140 tracker forum you mentioned and it has some good statistics.

What do you mean by this
"The I-140 website is down. Will let you know if I can verify the PD on it." Can you verify PD ?? As far as I know PD is marked on you I140 approval.

Cool! That is good news. In Nebraska things seem to be moving at a fair clip and most approvals are coming out in 2 months, atleast for I-140. It was true for texas well, but I am not sure how things will move in Texas due to the transfer of all the cases from california etc to texas. We will have to wait new see and how that goes.

Since you asked the question on PD I wanted to see if the website would have that info. I donot know if it will tho, probably not. I am currently breaking my head over the 485. Will decide in a week.

Thanks!

Yeah I can imagine, filing 485 before marriage involves more paperwork for your would be spouse. So think about it carefully. I think texas is more lenient as compared to Nebraska. But since we can't change anything its better to enjoy the process.

Keep me posted with your LUDs etc.

doesitmatter said:
Cool! That is good news. In Nebraska things seem to be moving at a fair clip and most approvals are coming out in 2 months, atleast for I-140. It was true for texas well, but I am not sure how things will move in Texas due to the transfer of all the cases from california etc to texas. We will have to wait new see and how that goes.

Since you asked the question on PD I wanted to see if the website would have that info. I donot know if it will tho, probably not. I am currently breaking my head over the 485. Will decide in a week.

Thanks!

question

doesitmatter/pdman,

I have read your thread about LC substituon, do you mind if I ask you a question since you have used LC substitution? I've got a pre-approved LC, its salary is lower than my current salary, but 2k higher than mine when this LC was filed, do you know if this would be a problem for substitution?

thanks!