Please help Substitute labor used ND Nov 17 still waiting.

Nov17GC

Registered Users (C)
Anyone please help I used someone else labor, but that persons I-140 was
also approved my attorney said they can withdraw the I-140 and re apply for I-140.So we applied on Nov 6th. Do You think this is the reason for the delay. When I called the INS officer he said it will take one more month. Can you please tell me what are the things they are looking for.
thanks for your suggestions
Seshu

No Title

May be they have to determine whether 485 has been applied with the approved I-140 and in that case, they should abandon that first before they approve yours.This might be one of the possible reasons for the delay in your approval....

thanks,
raju

Hey NOV17GC

Hey I also have the opportunity to use some body\'s else LC whose i-140 is approved but I485 was never filed. my lawyer also told me that they need to revoke previous i-140 for that person in order to file i-140 on my behalf.My question is :
 Does the revoke process and filling new I140 go simultanusly or one need to revoke first and then file for new I140. If need to revoke first how long it takes. Thanks

I applied for revoke and I140 at the same time.

I just got an RFE did not get the notice yet.I will let you know
when I get it.

What is the Ref about ??

What is the RFE about, I have seen many people here who used substitute labor and applied in mid-Dec got approved. I am not sure if the substitute LC they used had a prior i-140 approved or not, may be it is faster if i-140 was never applied using that LC. What do you think.
When the rfe is sent to you???
be in touch

RFE is about confirming if the petition was for EB2 or EB3.

Hi AP1,
I dont think you need to worry if you are using a labor substitute(I-140 approved). They send the company a notice that the old I140 was revoked. As far as my RFE goes It was pretty straight forward they sent a letter to sign to confirm it was EB3 as the labor substitute was eb3.
Good luck
AP1