Please Help - Stuck in Name Check

baski555

Registered Users (C)
I read Rahulkumar's thread about name check. The phone numbers in the thread are not much useful, since it is now an old thread. Also, FBI does not send the reply for the email/fax messages.

Can some one know how to handle the name check and expedite the process. My PD is current and I am stuck now, I do not know what to do. My senrator's office send me a reply that they are unable to do anything regarding the name check.

Guys: Please help me with this.

Contact your local congressman's office

They should be able to make an enquiry with the FBI with the help of their liaison.

Good luck !

Keep tryin

baski555 said:
I read Rahulkumar's thread about name check. The phone numbers in the thread are not much useful, since it is now an old thread. Also, FBI does not send the reply for the email/fax messages.

Can some one know how to handle the name check and expedite the process. My PD is current and I am stuck now, I do not know what to do. My senrator's office send me a reply that they are unable to do anything regarding the name check.

I called the FBI several times, sometimes got routed to wrong people and other time got cut off. The few times i got a hold of someone, their common answer " we don't deal with NC, please call INS to expedite". After faxing and send countless letters to FBI and INS for 6 months nothing happened. I finally called my lawyer and told me that to call INS to expedite as my FOIA report came back with "no records". When lawyer contacted their laision with INS, then INS expedite my NC with FBI. I appreciate the information Mr. Rahul approved to all of us here, but when everyone starts to use the same process or procedures, then it doesn't work for the rest. I contacted the FBI, INS, senators, congressman and even chairman of immigration subcommittee which didn't do any good. I had to wait 3 years to my NC to clear........i think it is becoming the norm for NC. Plus that it has something to do with PD, if it is current then your NC will clear as INS expedites with FBI. Good luck to you....

khanhammad said:
I called the FBI several times, sometimes got routed to wrong people and other time got cut off. The few times i got a hold of someone, their common answer " we don't deal with NC, please call INS to expedite". After faxing and send countless letters to FBI and INS for 6 months nothing happened. I finally called my lawyer and told me that to call INS to expedite as my FOIA report came back with "no records". When lawyer contacted their laision with INS, then INS expedite my NC with FBI. I appreciate the information Mr. Rahul approved to all of us here, but when everyone starts to use the same process or procedures, then it doesn't work for the rest. I contacted the FBI, INS, senators, congressman and even chairman of immigration subcommittee which didn't do any good. I had to wait 3 years to my NC to clear........i think it is becoming the norm for NC. Plus that it has something to do with PD, if it is current then your NC will clear as INS expedites with FBI. Good luck to you....

Did not work for me... I asked INS to expedite my case with FBI - they just responded that case pending due to NC.... asked senator and congressnam to do same, they sent me response from INS stating same - pending due to NC.... and my PD was always current!!! now my daughter is turning 21, so I asked once more, however not much hope for expediting...

compass said:
Did not work for me... I asked INS to expedite my case with FBI - they just responded that case pending due to NC.... asked senator and congressnam to do same, they sent me response from INS stating same - pending due to NC.... and my PD was always current!!! now my daughter is turning 21, so I asked once more, however not much hope for expediting...

same happened to me. My PD was current before June 2005, but could not get approved because of the pending NC. So I don't think it has something to do with the fact that your PD is current you will then get NC expedition requested from CIS. At least not to me... :(

Anyway, if it's indeed true about what you said or presumed in terms of norm of NC process, then it's a good new starting right now :)

Hello all,

As you can see from signature, my PD and RD are current just recently(with NSC processing dates). So I went to local USCIS office today and enquired about the status of FBI name Check for my application. The Officer said he can not tell from the information he has on computer whether it is complete or not and he may not know even it is complete. But one thing he said is he did not see any messages like "application is on HOLD due to name check" etc. He said keep waiting and also advised me to write to NSC.

Does this sound like I am stuck in Name Check? I did FAX my info to local congressman office and waiting for reply.

TIA

Thanks guys for all your inputs. Please keep giving us some more tips so that I can keep trying to contact FBI.

damascus said:
Hello all,

As you can see from signature, my PD and RD are current just recently(with NSC processing dates). So I went to local USCIS office today and enquired about the status of FBI name Check for my application. The Officer said he can not tell from the information he has on computer whether it is complete or not and he may not know even it is complete. But one thing he said is he did not see any messages like "application is on HOLD due to name check" etc. He said keep waiting and also advised me to write to NSC.

Does this sound like I am stuck in Name Check? I did FAX my info to local congressman office and waiting for reply.

TIA

In that case, it is good to know that you are not stuck in this NC crap. May be since it did not show him the message, we may assume that it is completed. When I went, the officer said she can see that it says name check pending. Another way of checking is, when did you get your FP done. The same officer told me that, they wont send any more FP request, when the NC is pending. So if you have gotten one, it is a good sign that your NC is done. Just let us know.

damascus said:
Hello all,

TIA

that's why I am losing hope on those infopass appointments that could give me some info about the case status as well as NC. Of course if you are lucky enough you will probably meet some friendly or nice officer who will at least tell you that your NC is not done or done...

buzzhd said:
that's why I am losing hope on those infopass appointments that could give me some info about the case status as well as NC. Of course if you are lucky enough you will probably meet some friendly or nice officer who will at least tell you that your NC is not done or done...

I had my first FP done in 12/2004 and second (biometrics code 2) done in 06/02/2005. The last LUD I see on my case is 06/06/2005. When I talk to the officer at ASC why got FP notice again, he said it is not required to get since the FP given in 12/2004 are good till March,2006. I guess something should happen to my case during this month. My lawyer also initiated a status inquiry with USCIS.

Finally NC cleared

baski555 said:

My lawyer tried to call USCIS to find out my status check and found that my NC is cleared now. USCIS will send me anohter FP next month when my PD will be current, and then my case will be approved. By the way I did respond to my RFE in Nov 05. This is a very good news for me and I am hoping what ever said to happen.

Baski555

Case Details:
NSC, EB2, India, PD Nov01.
I 485 RD - Aug/2003.
Case transfered to wrong local office in March 2005.
RFE - Employment, marriage, medicals. Aug 2005.
RFE replied Nov 05.

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS baski555! Big relief for you, and also, some hope for me!
I just got fingerprint appointment letter, FP expired in Jan 2006 (done Oct 2004)...

Thanks compass. By looking at your FP notice, I think your NC is cleared. When I went to the local office, the immigration officer said, they wont send any FP notices when the FP is pending.

So if possible try to find out the status.

Congrats

baski555 said:
My lawyer tried to call USCIS to find out my status check and found that my NC is cleared now. USCIS will send me anohter FP next month when my PD will be current, and then my case will be approved. By the way I did respond to my RFE in Nov 05. This is a very good news for me and I am hoping what ever said to happen.

Baski555

Case Details:
NSC, EB2, India, PD Nov01.
I 485 RD - Aug/2003.
Case transfered to wrong local office in March 2005.
RFE - Employment, marriage, medicals. Aug 2005.
RFE replied Nov 05.
CONGRATS.......make sure u get the FP notice with code 3, then they take pic and FP that goes on new GC like my one has.
Getting info pass or contacting congressman are becoming steal tactics.....future to GC's need to find new ways... As per my experience, if your lawyers uses their contacts at INS then they can get you all the right information you need about your case. i guess sometimes the lawyers do good things......

Don't give up....

compass said:
Did u get FOIA request done? did u get letter from David Hardy? did u try to call FBI? Do you have a lawyer? ask lawyer to check on your case status with INS. Senators and congressman can't do much about expediting beside get status info that u can get from calling INS. I give kudos to Mr.Charles Spry who helped me get alot of information regarding my case who works for Senator Saxby Chambliss from Georgia. Good luck.....

HK.

khanhammad said:
CONGRATS.......make sure u get the FP notice with code 3, then they take pic and FP that goes on new GC like my one has.
Getting info pass or contacting congressman are becoming steal tactics.....future to GC's need to find new ways... As per my experience, if your lawyers uses their contacts at INS then they can get you all the right information you need about your case. i guess sometimes the lawyers do good things......

How would I ask for code 3. We have to do what ever they do in the notice. Is it right? My husband got FP notice recently, but I am not sure, if it is 1/2/3. How can I find out/

help with writ of mandamus

Dear all, I need help, pls help. I have been stuck in FBI name check for over 3 years. I got interviewed for I-485 over an year ago (my US citizen wife sponsored me), but no approval due to name check. Tried everything (senators, writing to USCIS, FBI nothing helped.

Problem is I may need to move for work to another state. Would this further delay my case. CAN I MOVE YET FILE THE WRITE OF MANDAMUS LAW SUIT IN MY PREVIOUS STATE (the state where I initially filed)???

Since the delay is well over 3 yrs and the processing schedule for the state I am in is only a little over 1 year, I think I should file for the writ of Mandamus.

Please advice. THANKS!