Please Help: Status Cannot Be found in the Computer

Iamwaiting2

Registered Users (C)
Called 800-375-5283 for many times to check the current status of I-485 but always say " We are sorry due to a tempory problem of our system we can not access your file at this time pls call back at other time".
After several months it's still the same, does anybody has any idea?? What's going on there? How to contact them besides this useless information?

Thanks for any thoughts.
--------------------------------------
PD: 08/31, 2004
I-140/485 concurrent RD 12/24/2004
I-140 AP 07/14/2005
I-485 ???????????

same here

same problem here...I485 status does not work

I used a working LIN number for I795 to get to the live operator (really alive?? :rolleyes: )
i then initiated an inquiry... lets see what happens

iamwaiting2,

One of my EAD renewal applications had the same problem...it was pending for one and half years because of security review. It got approved finally. But the status msg on the phone is still the same :)

Don't worry about that. Just talk to a customer service rep..if you insist they will transfer the call to an agent...either one of them can give you the status.

I know it is frustrating..it is one of those problems (among many!) they need to fix.

bmt74 said:
iamwaiting2,

One of my EAD renewal applications had the same problem...it was pending for one and half years because of security review. It got approved finally. But the status msg on the phone is still the same :)

Don't worry about that. Just talk to a customer service rep..if you insist they will transfer the call to an agent...either one of them can give you the status.

I know it is frustrating..it is one of those problems (among many!) they need to fix.

------------------------------------
Hi, Buddy, How can you talk with a representative ? Please tell me the number you choose that can direct to somebody to answer the phone instead of automatic recorded response. Everytime I called and went to the same dead end.

Thanks.

buttons to hit!

call 1-800-375-5283

then press...
1-2-6-1- LIN****** - 1-3 -3 -1
CSR then steps in... stepping up is another matter ;)

CSR = customer service rep.

IMHO, Schedule Info pass appointment at your local USCIS / INS office and talk to the person their. (Its free no cost involved https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php)

This will help in solving the issue,

you will catch 2 birds in 1 stone. If Case is transfered from NSC to local USCIS office you will come to know otherwise they will tell you whats going wrong.

HTH

When I call the USCIS phone number to check the status of my pending
I485, I heard the similar message:
"The status can not be found in this automated system, ..."
This phenomenon persists for about a week, while the USCIS website
message and LUD is still unchanged since last fingerprint about two years
ago.

Anyone has similar experience? or Anyone knows what this means?

rabbish said:
When I call the USCIS phone number to check the status of my pending
I485, I heard the similar message:
"The status can not be found in this automated system, ..."
This phenomenon persists for about a week, while the USCIS website
message and LUD is still unchanged since last fingerprint about two years
ago.

Anyone has similar experience? or Anyone knows what this means?

A lot of us in CSC had a smiliar experience. Maybe its some system change/upgrade....one never knows whats happening with this USCIS!

harishds: How did u find out about your IBIS checks? This checks are done inside or outside of USCIS and who does this checks??
What about the Name Checks with FBI, they`re cleared? Whoever told u that (NC) mentioned any dates when it was requested/cleared?

I just called USCIS-VSC and inquired about my NC status. A nice laddy said that everything is ok with FBI and case is pending `cause they`re waiting results from another agency, other then FBI. Asked about the dates NC was cleared, she mentioned that it doesn`t show on her screen.
Even if your NC is CLEARED, USCIS will approve your case whenever they want. They always find a excuse to keep on hold and they will never give u more details, making u confused.

Last edited by a moderator: