Please help, RFE received but do not have recent pay stubs ...

Malik Hussain

EB3 other, ND 10/14/99,
I forgot to renew my EAD, it expired on 12/15/00. Second H1 expired already in May 2000. My Company wants & needs me badly but due to this legal issue had to take me out of Payroll since 12/15/00 and sent me on leave without pay. I applied for renewal of EAD 01/11/01 and also with the new law H1 extension after 6 years on the 01/14/01. I just received my RFE for I-485 for employment letter and last 3 pay statements. I am not on payroll so I do not have any current pay stubs but company can give me the employment letter without any issue. The last pay stub I have is 12/15/2000. What should I do, I messed up my situation and did not renew my EAD in time. Can I send the pay stubs of date 11/15/00, 11/30/00 & 12/15/00? will Immigration accept these or will create some problem. Please advise.

No Title

For such critical issues, go to your attorney. NO ONE on this board can give you information you can rely on - even if it\'s right.

No Title

To Answer your Question, Yes they will accept the last three pay stubs what ever they are and also send them a letter from the employer stating you are still employed with them. what ever it is don\'t lie to them. Mention that you have applied for the renewal of your EAD. As long as the application is pending you can actually work.

Hope this helps. But pls do confirm this with your attorney.
Thanks Steve.