Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Thanks for your continued support.

My I-140 was filed in VSC.
My RD is August 16, 2001.
My ND is August 22, 2001.
My receipt number is EAC 01 252 5XXXX

It was filed under EB3 + RIR

My company received an RFE for "education re-evaluation", on 10th October 2001.

I have a 3 years Bachelors in Science (Physics) degree, with 7+ years of IT experience. I have provided experience letters from all my past employers.

Why would VSC, request another "education evaluation" ?

Also, How long does it take to get a "education evaluation" done ?? It is almost 2 months now, and my company hasn\'t sent the reply yet.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!!

Thanks

Venu.

No Title

Educational evaluations are done by different agencies. Even u might get it with in 24 hours with some more $.
As per most of the agencies does this in 7-10 business days in normal process , they charge for it like $50 to ownwards , depending on the agency. I have done this just $60 in 4 days myself when I filed my I-140.
Please check back with your employer/Attorney ASAP. Important thing is that , I think INS give just 60 or 90 days( Not sure) time to submit the response for a REF. In some cases they give just 30 days only also.

Good Luck

Thanks oct140

I just checked with my immigration dept.

They told me that, "they are not going to do another evaluation because, the original evaluation is the best they could get for this my case". Instead, they will "reply appropriately to the RFE"

Do you know, if it is ok not to re-evaluate education after getting an RFE from VSC.

My immi people have also assured me that "they will respond to VSC before the deadline"

I Hope they will do the needful and help me out of this crisis.

Thanks for your advice.

Good

Many people got same REF as I read on the same website, then they have done another Re-Evaluate the education with diff agency and sent back to INS and then case was approved.
So better to get another evaluation and send quickly to INS. So i am not sure what is going to be write yr attorney to INS in reply of this REF. Best idea was to send another evaluation copy to INS from Diff agency.
As u mentioned that u got this REF 2 months ago then why yr Attorney did not reply yet even Attorney do not want another copy of evalution then why waiting..
Any way Good Luck.

Same RFE

Hi Venu,
I got RFE regarding education evalution too, my laier( that\'s righ!) was not submited in primary application long back around March this year. I did evaluaton in different place and sent it back to INS NOV 20th, waiting for result.
Good luck,

Same RFE......me too

I have the same RFE.

i send them on 19th Nov.....they received on 24th november(AVM says)

Lemme know ismail when u receive ur approval

Deadline

Thanks Guys, for keeping me updated!

Do you know, what is the typical deadline for "education evaluation" RFE (number of days). This would help, in following up with my attorneys...

Thanks All,

Venu.

These Crazy Attorneys..

What to do? Have to survive with such people, under the given circumstances...

These Attorneys... First they file incompletely/incorrectly.. So that, when an RFE comes back, it is another 2-3 days of billable time for their firm

Let me hope, that they don\'t take this easy-money-making game to extremes!!

Venu.

Same with me

I also got same REF about Ev. of educational degree. My attorney done EV. from another firm and send it back to INS.

Ed. Eval

Hi Venu123.

Normally Educational Eval. is required by INS to cross check that the applicant has some degree of local edu. equivalent.

In my Case(3 Yrs INDIAN BS with 9+ Yrs Exp), When my First Employer filed for my H1 (from Michigan)in 1996, INS requested my Company to produce the Educational Eval.

The Person who ever is Eval., your education do normally calculate our 3 Yrs are equal to local 3 yrs of Bachelors Edu. and starts converting your Experiences into Degree Course Credits and explains to the INS how they derived equivalent to the local Degree.

With reference to the time frame, I don\'t have any idea.

Best of Luck.

Thanks
bsk

Roughly 90 days response time for Ed. Eval RFE

Thanks guys, for your continued support and help.

I was finally able to hear from my attorneys that, the deadline for my ed. eval RFE is 01/05/02. ( I recd RFE on 10/10/01 )

But, my attorneys haven\'t yet replied to the RFE.

Time is ticking.. and they\'re really giving a hollywood climax.. to my RFE!!

I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Finally I-140 Approved!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help!

RFE (Ed. Eval.) was received by VSC on 01/09/2002. My I-140 was approved on 01/14/2002. Thats just 4 processing days!! after RFE was received back.

NOTE: My immigration people didnot do a new evaluation. Instead, they replied suitably to the INS. INS accepted their response and approved my application. Oof... One headached over.

Lesson I learned from I-140 processing is, "Keep checking case status frequently in your respective service center automated system, to know what\'s going on. Don\'t listen to Philosophers (who keep saying things will happen only at their pace, fate bullshit, etc.) and Lawyers (who are LAZY LIARS).."

Best of Luck to One and All. See you all in I-485 section.

Once Again, Thanks for all your help!

Venu.