Please HELP, RFE/NOID on 485, RFE receipt not received yet

maine76

Registered Users (C)
guys please help me..

on August 16th 2007 the online system says that they have sent RFE, I have not received it till today, members can you please let me know how long it will take to get the actual RFE by mail.

When I called IO using POJ (directly talking to IO) method they said they have sent it to my current address which is on the file and the IO also confirmed the address where the RFE was sent, I am very scared, I am working on EAD, I had already invoked AC21 as per the law. I dont know whether it's a RFE or NOID, NOID will have 30 days to answer, it's already been 5 days I have not yet received the actual RFE.

guys please let me know how long it will take to get the actual RFE by mail. I guess it's a regular mail that they use, on the other hand USCIS mailed my approved AP which I received in 3 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you had your TB skin test before? If not, it'll most probably be for that. Check with your attorney for the RFE. If you changed the attorney, check with your original attorney even if you have filed a new G28. I faced a similar situation. Don't worry

anandkan, thanks for the quick response, our skin test came out normal (no issues on I693 - medicals), I am very sure the RFE is not for that. I do not have any attorney / lawfirm on record for our I485's, I also did file AC21 by myself.

then you should receive the RFE. Give 2-3 days more..if you still dont receive the RFE, call your service center and talk to IO and get the details Or better still fax a request to the service center

I also asked IO whether is it a RFE / intent to deny notice, she said RFE, an other IO said some issue with I140. Well I have already sent in AC21, am not sure whether the AC21 docs that I sent are in my file.

Am not sure too, even if they have AC21 docs will they send RFE / NOID?

The online status message says "Request for evidence" is there a different message for NOID?

Dude, this is fairly common for AC-21. Happened to me also. Mostly it will just be a RFE asking for employment history. In all probability, your previous employer withdrew your I140. Of course AC-21 should have kicked in, but then we are dealing with USCIS.

I also sent everything I had sent earlier for AC-21 as a part of the RFE response, which is basically a letter from your new employer saying they have a continued interest in hiring you.

You should be fine.
And RFE is different from NOID. you get more than 30 days to respond to RFE. Its more like 2-2and 1/2 months.

anandkan,

What is your turn around time for your RFE (starting date and ending date)? Some people got 30 days based on the new policy, but it seems some others got more than 30 days. Please clarify this. Thanks.

then you should receive the RFE. Give 2-3 days more..if you still dont receive the RFE, call your service center and talk to IO and get the details Or better still fax a request to the service center

airberd, thanks for your suggestions and hopes, but from June 2007 they have revised the deadlines for RFE, I have no problems in responding to the RFE.

All I am concerned is If I have to respond in 30 days and If I dont receive the RFE notice, it's likely USCIS may deny my application, I want to avoid that situation.

Today is the 6th day (including sat and sun), I will keep my fingers crossed wait for the 3PM mail.

As far as I remember.....USCIS systems suck....

For NOID - they never send an email message or anything....at least they are consistent with that....so - IT'S DEFINITELY NOT A NOID

Since, it's an RFE, it might be
1) Proof of Status - Passport / I-94 photocopies
2) Employment Verification Letter of a valid future job offer upon approval of GC / Pay stubs to confirm
3) Medical tests - TB tests etc

So, there is really nothing to worry!

I believe, it takes about 3-5 days to receive the RFE notice in mail...

Yesterday I called them, IO said I have 30 days to answer, but she did not say what the RFE is, I mentioned IO to resend the RFE notice, today morning I see the below status message

On August 22, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service

I really dont understand USCIS, dont they have FAX-in / FAX-out system for RFE's? also why should they not say what the RFE is to the applicant.

now am very frustrated for the RFE mail not receiving in time, as I have only 23 days left for them to receive my response.

r u crazy ?

Yesterday I called them, IO said I have 30 days to answer, but she did not say what the RFE is, I mentioned IO to resend the RFE notice, today morning I see the below status message

On August 22, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service

I really dont understand USCIS, dont they have FAX-in / FAX-out system for RFE's? also why should they not say what the RFE is to the applicant.

now am very frustrated for the RFE mail not receiving in time, as I have only 23 days left for them to receive my response.

Please hold your horses and don't call CIS everyday. People like you create too much chaos with CIS and in turn CIS removes its frustration on everybody.

Don't you understand from the msg that it is a simple RFE and not NOID. RFE usually takes about 10 days to reach. CIS doesn't mail it the same day you see the status change on. So, please be patient and stop bothering everybody. we can help you answering the RFE once you receive it.

pururwa

is right. it takes usually min. 10 days to get mail. you got your online message on 16th Aug. and still its not 10 days and you started it a big things.

So maine76 be patient.................

dice12

Ok, I agree to some comments made here, I have a genuine issue, I may have to go out of the state for a week, I was bit concerned here.

I am not crazy here, this is when you need to call USCIS, and ofcourse it is a genuine issue I have seen in the forum people calling USCIS every day asking for status on security check/name check/background check which is where USCIS get's really frustrated.

As mentioned above the new rule is in place, so the response time to my RFE is 30 days not 90 days, and I received the RFE notice mail today for EVL not NOID.

maine76,

I'm glad you got your physical RFE mail. I understand your worry about the RFE mail since the lead time for RFE is 30 days other than 90 days based on the new rule.

Could you tell me what is the starting date and ending date of your RFE? Does it start on 08/16/2007 as your online message changed?

Ok, I agree to some comments made here, I have a genuine issue, I may have to go out of the state for a week, I was bit concerned here.

I am not crazy here, this is when you need to call USCIS, and ofcourse it is a genuine issue I have seen in the forum people calling USCIS every day asking for status on security check/name check/background check which is where USCIS get's really frustrated.

As mentioned above the new rule is in place, so the response time to my RFE is 30 days not 90 days, and I received the RFE notice mail today for EVL not NOID.

If somebody wants to call USCIS and sort out his/her problem, what has purawa, X, Y or Z has got to advise against that? That is what for the National Customer Service line is for. With USCIS one has to be always proactive. This is a free country and Maine has got every right to call how many ever times to USCIS to sort his problem.