Please help regarding AP

DHARMA16

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

Need you insights on Advance Parole. My 485 was filed in Sept 2002 and I plan to be abroad in Dec 2003 for about a month. Currently on H1 with the same company. I know there is no problem coming back on H1.

Question is : Are there any issues if my GC gets approved while I am abroad. Can I still enter the country using my H1

Thanks a lot.

Heard people who got approved while out of country,
having re-entered using H1.
But if you want to be 100% safe, you can go for AP.

That shouldnt be a problem as long as you didnt user EAD yet .
Even if your 485 is approved you can come back to the country on H1 as long its valid

Use AP to re-enter USA. If your GC is approved when are away from USA then the officer at POE will inform the same and request you to stamp your passport at local office ASAP and also you'll get I-94 valid for 30 days only.

BTW, Do you expect I-485 with Sep 2002 RD to be approved by Dec 2003???????????????? I appreciate your optimism and your comment obviously would have made our forum members happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edison,

One should never predict INS. Previously vsc used to take 7 months to clear 485. May be it's time for vsc again to make that time.

Originally posted by maddi
Edison,

One should never predict INS. Previously vsc used to take 7 months to clear 485. May be it's time for vsc again to make that time.

INS................BCIS. In April 2001 legacy INS processed 5 1/2 months cases in just one month and In May 2001 they processed 3 months cases in just one month and reduced the processing time from 19-20 months to 9-10 months. Probably we have to expect something similar to reduce I-485 processing to 7 months!!!!!!!