Please help!!! Received 485 reject notice

Every senator has got case work sheet. Find your local congress person. Fill up the case work sheet and go in person.

Hi All,

I am planning to go to local BCIS office on monday morning. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Small update from my side. I went to local BCIS office this morning. Not much luck. As I expected they said they don't have the file so they cannot do anything about it and suggested me to send a letter vermont service center proving that my 485 has been filed based on Company B's 140 not on Company A's 140.

Keep working on the other options - senator, AILA and lawyer/letter to VSC. As for how to contact senator, search this board.

mar485

mar485
Sorry to here your case, I had a question how did you know that your previous I140 has been revoked, did you check the online status and know from there, does the online status say revoked or still approved.

RD feb 5 2002
ND feb 21 2002

Hi Mar485,
BCIS has done two mistakes.
1. Wrongly linked i485 with Company A I140 instead of Co. B's.
2. Even if linked with company A's 140, as per new memo, should not deny your case since revoking of approved I140 has happened after 180 days of I485 filing. ( I assume you have filed 485 before 180 days of I140 revokation)
If you make the right moves, surely you can win.
File for MTR ie Motion to Reconsider application at the earliest with the help of your lawyer. If your lawyer is not fast enough to act find better one.
Get a Good lawyer and act as fast as you can. You can try Lawyer Sheela Murthy. She has won a similar case in favour of an applicant this year. Or try any other successful lawyer
Good luck and keep us posted when things are settled.

I'm attaching the link, though that case is different from yours.

http://www.murthy.com/UD140rev.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Also after reopening your case, request for Expedite process since there was "SERVICE ERROR".

If you have time, go to VSC

If you have time, go to VSC.
I remeber reading here that you can go to Vermont office and try to talk to them. The person who did this was able to resolve his issue. Try search the forum.