Please help read the 140 notice

samwang

I got 140 approval notice, but don't understand the last sentence of the following paragraph in the notice. Can anyone tell me if your notice is the same or what it means? Thanks

"The above petition has been approved. the petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. The information submitted with the petition shows that the person for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to file an adjustment of status at this time"

samwang said:
I got 140 approval notice, but don't understand the last sentence of the following paragraph in the notice. Can anyone tell me if your notice is the same or what it means? Thanks

"The above petition has been approved. the petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. The information submitted with the petition shows that the person for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to file an adjustment of status at this time"

Hi Samwang,

when did you file your I-140 petition? if you are from retrogressed country(India/china) then you cannot file I-485 till your priority date becomes current.

Good luck

samwang said:

Congratulations!
you must be from a retrogressed country (India/China)..right? Is so you cannot file your I485 application till the dates become current.

Thank both of you for the replies. Yes, I am from one of those two contries. I filed my 140 at the end of January 2006, and got approval notice in April.

Yup! thats correct!
dates are not current as yet for these countries...once they are you may go ahead and file I-485

details dude!

Hey Samwang!

Please pass on your credentials so that we have a better idea of
you know types of cases getting approved. Like number of publications
awards etc. Also I am guessing you are from China!! You said I am
from one of those countries. Its not difficult to find out!

Also mention did you get a RFE? Applied NIW or EB1-OR? How did
you address RFE if you had one. Ponts everyone needs to know to
utilize the forum better!

Good luck man,
rr_green

Thanks for the replies. My case was NIW based. I didn't get RFE. I am in the field of medical research, and may be different from yours. I think the number of papers is one thing, and the importance of them is another. One of my papers solved a puzzle in this field and attracted much attention from people from different countries and was recommended for discussion online, selected for oral presentation at an international meeting, and it was also cited multiple times shortly after its publication. Sometimes, luck is also important. I believe you will all get there finally. Good luck to you all! and have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by a moderator: