please help:PROBLEM WITH MY NAME

wolffeinstein

hi.
I'm peruvian, I applied to a J1 visa last year and I had a problem with my name, it belongs to other person also(they are looking for this guy), so embassy here got some information of me because they thought I'm that guy and they were wrong.
So they gave me my J1 visa and it says:

issue date : 04 jan 2008
expiration date: 04 jan 2013

bearer is not subject to section 212(E). two year rule does not apply INTRAX WORK/TRAVEL.

PLEASE. WHAT DOES IT MEAN???
IS THIS VISA FOR 5 YEARS??
COULD I USE IT FOR FIVE YEARS?
I ASKED VISA ONLY FOR 4 MONTHS BUT WHEN EMBASSY DO SOMETHING WRONG HERE THEY GIVE YOU VISA FOR TOURISM :S
WHAT IT MEANS THAT RED PART?
PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY WANT TO GO THIS YEAR AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

JC

Hi,
Actually you are lucky.
Many J-1 visas are subject to a "212(e)Two-Year Foreign Residence Requirement". It means that after your J-1 you can not apply for any other visa to stay in US until you have been in your home country for 2 years.
You don't have this requirement.

hi.
I'm peruvian, I applied to a J1 visa last year and I had a problem with my name, it belongs to other person also(they are looking for this guy), so embassy here got some information of me because they thought I'm that guy and they were wrong.
So they gave me my J1 visa and it says:

issue date : 04 jan 2008
expiration date: 04 jan 2013

bearer is not subject to section 212(E). two year rule does not apply INTRAX WORK/TRAVEL.

PLEASE. WHAT DOES IT MEAN???
IS THIS VISA FOR 5 YEARS??
COULD I USE IT FOR FIVE YEARS?
I ASKED VISA ONLY FOR 4 MONTHS BUT WHEN EMBASSY DO SOMETHING WRONG HERE THEY GIVE YOU VISA FOR TOURISM :S
WHAT IT MEANS THAT RED PART?
PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY WANT TO GO THIS YEAR AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

JC

2 different issues here. 1) Visa, which is the stamp in your passport saying the information you just wrote. This visa stamp is to enter the US through its validity time (1/4/2008-1/4/2013) once you entered the country, the count will start toward the second issue 2) the status which is your J status in the US (4 months) after the 4 months gone, and no one else extend your J status, you have to return back to your country or to wher ever you like outside the US and if you overstay, then you will be out of status, despite your visa in the passport is for five year or even for hundred year.
So, don not mix those 2 issues. There is no mix with other’s name or some thing like that.
The sentence in red means that you are not subject to the 2 year home country after you finish your 4 months training at the US which means that you can apply for H visa or green card if you find sponsor in US, marry US citizen or fulfilling other criteria under any category of green card.

It is the validity time in your DS2019 which will give you the legal stay period in the US and not the visa in your passport