please help .... please ...

maganti_priya

Hi,

This is my first post but scared .......

I got an RFE for 3 Years of Tax Returns.
I have last 2 years of fed tax returns but for the 2001, I have the copy of the 1040 but it was made before I signed that tax return and mailed .....

On the whole ... 2001 is a tax return i have but not signed ... I am scared ...
please suggest .. PLEASE ...... Please suggest me what to do ...

- Priya

maganti_priya said:
Hi,

This is my first post but scared .......

I got an RFE for 3 Years of Tax Returns.
I have last 2 years of fed tax returns but for the 2001, I have the copy of the 1040 but it was made before I signed that tax return and mailed .....

On the whole ... 2001 is a tax return i have but not signed ... I am scared ...
please suggest .. PLEASE ...... Please suggest me what to do ...

- Priya

Maybe I am missing a point, but why can't you just sign it now, make a copy and send it ????????

GCJhalak said:
I don't remember the date I signed it back in 2001 .....
If I sign it now and send a copy won't it be wrong ? if they have a copy of my tax returns and the date won't match ... ?

won't it be a problem ....

- Priya
priya, how were you able to log in as GCJhalak? did you log yourself out as maganti_priya and logged in again as GCJhalak? not that there is anything wrong with that (a la seinfeld).

anyway, frodo's suggestion is the right one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pork Chop,

I also noted that and realized the facts :) .We all do this kind of things at some point of our life. (I would have done same thing. :D )

GCJhalak/maganti_priya

Anyway you don't get scared. Signing the document with different date is not going to create any problem. Signatures are required while submitting the documents to the party other than you. Just a proof that data are real and so.....

Many people keep their copies without signature. Explain this to your lawyer and ask him/her to send that explaination letter with that.

Good Luck.

As other senior members like Pork Chop and Frodo mentioned there is no harm, they are right about it.
When I replied my RFE and Attorney wants me to send the previous years Tax returns copies as well. I asked her the same thing, the copies I have are not signed and She clearly said, Just signed it and put the date as of today( signing date), there is nothing wrong with it. She said, they just wanna see your tax return, if they are serious about it they can verify from IRS.

I hope this will help you.
4riend

In fact, if you efile your taxes, the 1040 that you get clearly says (COPY DO NOT FILE). There is no need of signature on the copies. Basically they want to make sure you filed your taxes, signatures should not be an issue and certainly not as such to make to scared...

ME and my wife are worried abt the RFEs dropped on us simultaneously ....

She has posted and I've followed it on ...
Thanks guys for all your replies ... I am happy that I have a helping group in this forum whenever I see a problem ....

- Jha

ProkChop, the original message you quoted regarding the login as GCJhalak... is missing. I know that we could edit messages..., but can we delete messages what we have posted...

peace_of_mind said:
ProkChop, the original message you quoted regarding the login as GCJhalak... is missing. I know that we could edit messages..., but can we delete messages what we have posted...

Yes, you can. There is an option for deleting the message.