Please Help ... Parents Visa ... Non GC related

MagicGC

Registered Users (C)
As I had posted earlier, I got my GC around 6 weeks back. Earlier my parents has applied for a Visitor Visa in Dec 02 and in Jan 03, but they got rejected both the times (they had to go in person). Then this month they had applied by Drop Box (as suggested by the US Consulate) and they got rejected the third time too. I guess they cannot apply for a US visa for next 2 years. I am very much in need for getting them here. What are my options.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks in advance,
MagicGC

More info

could you post more details.........

which consulate???
how old are they????
working non-working???

did you write a request letter to the consulate????

No reasons given

My parents applied at the American Consulate in Mumbai. They are in their early 50's (below 55) and the consulate din't give any reason for rejection.

Since they were below the age of 55, the first time they applied for the visa, they had to go in person (could not user the drop box if one is below 55).

I had taken advice from few people before asking them to apply for the third time and they told me that since I have my GC right now, they should get the visa.

The first two times they went for the visa, the consulate din't even ask for a single document. I don't know how they evaluate and give the visa (I guess no one knows).

They don't care about our family values and human emotions before rejecting the visa.

I don't know what I need to do next, but please let me know if there can be a way out.

Thanks,
MagicGC

Sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like there exists an easy legal solution. Well, at least you can go home safely and come back. Many of us don't even have that certainity.

What if the proper officials are bribed in India to issue a 2nd passport with slightly different names and a visa is applied for at another location? Not legal, but just a thought.

Good luck!

are your siblings in US......I have heard thts usually the main point....family ties !!!!!!

I know how upsetting this could be for parents and us.......my parents visa was rejected three and a half years back and they haven't applied after tht.....

I have heard a letter from senator helps..............looking for info on tht.....

If you go alongwith your parents to Consulate and explain them that you need family support, they will grant the visa.

My parent's visa was rejected first time. Then I sent them a letter stating the need for family support. The visa was granted to them.

Since the quota system exists for visitors visa, advise them to go by 1st or 2nd week of month.

My uncle got his visa yesterday as a visitor in Tour of Thomas Cook. They will stay back after the tour for few months.

Hope this helps.