Please!!!Help on NIW EAD

lcwaiting

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am waiting for Labor certification to be approved, but I need EAD card urgently for my spouse. Therefore, I am considering filing NIW at the same time so that I can get EAD card much quicker by filing I-140 and 485 concurrently. The problem is that my case is not strong in applying through NIW (That is why I applie through labor certification in the beginning).

I don't really care if my NIW will get approved or not, but I really want to know if I can apply for another EAD card when I file 140 and 485 concurrently after Labor certification approved.

Thanks a lot for information on this.

You spouse need EAD for work ? Are you a holder of H1? can you apply H4 for your spouse? I think he/she can work through H4 right?

I am on H1. And yes, I can apply H4 for my spouse. But can he work on H4?
Are you sure?

Thanks for your reply yanl!

Last edited by a moderator:
lcwaiting said:
I am on H1. And yes, I can apply H4 for my spouse. But can he work on H4?
Are you sure?

Thanks for your reply yanl!

with H4 you are not allowed to work

Sorry, maybe I was wrong. Somehow I remembered one of my friends did that. I will ask them to make sure.
yanl

with the time, effort, money for a NIW,

Oh, buddy, prepare a complete application for I140/I485 is not easy. I don't think the EAD worth so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
flingtiger said:
Oh, buddy, prepare a complete application for I140/I485 is not easy. I don't think the EAD worth so much.
without knowing the specific condition of somebody how can u make such kind of comments. how do u know what is worth and what is not?