Please, Help needed

pharmboy

Registered Users (C)
here is my situation: I am in my AOS status (but on H1 visa) and both my wife and I have got the AP and EAD. My wife is going to graduate from school very soon, but she has found a job and has started working using her CPT. Before this, she has applied OPT. But now here CPT is ending and the OPT has not approved yet. At the same time, her company is applying for H1 for her. So under this situation, can she use the EAD from my greencard processing without affecting for her H1 petition? if no, then she has to get a iEAD for OPT from local office. The problem is she applied OPT in one state and now she already moved to another state for the job, can she apply for iEAD at the local INS office? Thanks very much....

pharmboy

I dont think your wife has to wait for her H1B approval before she can start working. All she has to do is that she has to apply for one. I know a friend of mine who went thru this process. Also, if she already has an EAD (from your AOS), then she can use that. Hope this helps.

-fb-

Thanks

Thanks for answering my question, Firebird. So using the AOS EAD will not affect her H1 petition, is this correct?