PLEASE HELP: name check for under 18???

quickflood

Hi,
I am 17. I would like to know if there's a name check for me. I filed for I-485 with my parents in aug 2005, finger printed in sept 2005. it has been almost a year, and I have not received any updates. I will need PR status to apply for colleges this fall, so I can't wait no longer.
I don't think FBI cares about me. after all, I'm only 17.
does anyone have any suggestions?
is it wise to send expedite request to CSC? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
quickflood said:
Hi,
I am 17. I would like to know if there's a name check for me. I filed for I-485 with my parents in aug 2005, finger printed in sept 2005. it has been almost a year, and I have not received any updates. I will need PR status to apply for colleges this fall, so I can't wait no longer.
I don't think FBI cares about me. after all, I'm only 17.
does anyone have any suggestions?
is it wise to send expedite request to CSC? :confused:

The question is if your parent (who is the main applicant) got GC yet. If his/her GC is pending, yours will also be pending.

My parents and I recieved our receipt notice seperately. i thought they would consider the cases seperate.
I heard about how children sometimes gets gc before their parents. so I'm not sure if my case is decided on my parents'

quickflood said:
My parents and I recieved our receipt notice seperately. i thought they would consider the cases seperate.
I heard about how children sometimes gets gc before their parents. so I'm not sure if my case is decided on my parents'

The primary must got approved first or the same time with all dependents.
Let take back. If they approve your case, then denied your parent case. What do they do with your case ?