Please Help! My Company has given Lay Off.

BALAKRISHNAN VENKATESH

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My Company has given lay off notice today. I am in final stage.
GC Info: EB2-INDIA - ND-08/2000, FP-11/2000 6 months is over.
But i do not have EAD Card. What can i do now?. Can i apply for EAD Card now or find a new employer to process H1. If i do either of this what will be my GC Status.

Thanks in advance.

No Title

Your GC status remains good. Since you do not have EAD, You need to find another employer to work (under H1 safe side). EAD takes 3 to 4 months, but after applying H1 you can join immediately as per new rules

No Title

I would recommend you to apply for EAD asap. I heard on this message board you can get EAD within one day if you personally walk to the local INS office with your documents ( All paper work, I140, I485 notice). Applying H1B visa from different company is ok, but might complicate the GC case. Even if you mail the EAD, AP papers, VSC is processing the case with 30-60 days ( unlike 90 days previously).

No Title

I am in a similar situation except that I have my EAD - the other details are exactly the same.

My lawyers are telling me to find a new job using H1B and not to use EAD because the new law is not clear. I am confused as to what I need to do because from some discussion groups I have read that filing for a H1B visa will invalidate my Green Card process.

It would be a great help if you could post your views. If anyone is in a similar situation, please let me know what steps you have taken.

Thanks in Advance.

No Title

Guys. My company is laying me off.The company is closing.My PD is current and my attorney is aboove to apply for I485.What do I do know?

No Title

This is not a legal advice,
you please consult a attorney. I feel it is not a good idea to apply for another H1B after your 485 application is filed and is in final stages. Mr. dgapall\'s fears in the previous message may be correct. From the discussion board, applying for a EAD looks lot simpler. However please talk to your attorney and find out how applying for a new H1 effects the GC process.