Please help me!!!

wishmeluck456

Registered Users (C)
My wife hit a car in front of a grocery store 7 years ago.
She didn't know that she should leave her insurance card on the car. Because she didn't do any damages to the car either.
But someone saw it and called 911...

At the court, the cheating judge told her if she plead gilty, the record will be cleared after 3 years. So she plead gilty(hit and run). 3 years later when we went to the court ask to clear the record, the court told us that the record can't be cleared.

Now, when we're preparing the AOS package, we don't know what we should fill on I485 form part 3 question 1b(Have you ever,in or outside the U.S., b. been arrested, cited,charded,indicted,fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordiance,excluding traffic violations).

Our attorney said "I do not feel comfortable that I am enough of an expert for her criminal issues".

What should i do now? Will it prevent my wife from getting greencard?

Please help me, i would really appreciate any kind of help.

Thank you in advance!

Tough call, but, As a rule NEVER try to lie on INS forms. If you get caught there is NO recourse.

Who knows when they can do detailed checks. Since the form askes for "if you have been EVER cited..." you must report this incident...attach a detailed explanation and case resolution. It does not matter if the case is currently on file or not...the fact is that there was a citation once.

These are my views - you may want to consult a lawyer also.

You should declare your wife's incident. Try not to lose any sleep over this. I do not think this will prevent your wife from getting her green card.