Please Help Me

Omid

Hi Friends
I am a student who may get suspended from school for cheating. For avoiding to gat out of status I got married with my GF who is USC. We have filled I310,I765 and I485 and we have already sent them to USCIS in IL. Would you please kindly advice me on:
1. I am working as a part time employee, can I legally continue my work. My school would not give me any kind of CPT or OPT
2. if my school report my suspension to INS would I be out of status or I can I have pending status?
3. Is it possible that this incident trigger doubt in USCIS officer in the interview that I might get married for GC?

Can you guys help me and give some relief. I am really in bad condition right now.

Thanks
O

your case is better with lawyer. you may or will get suspended? try to drag out the process or win it. can you transfer out of the school and get into another one? and chances are immigration will find out everything, so the marriage will get extra scrutiny.

but relax. you are legal. and even if you become illegal, you can get status because you are marrying a citizen. but again, lawyer your you. your case is too delicate.

Omid said:
Hi Friends
I am a student who may get suspended from school for cheating. For avoiding to gat out of status I got married with my GF who is USC. We have filled I310,I765 and I485 and we have already sent them to USCIS in IL. Would you please kindly advice me on:
1. I am working as a part time employee, can I legally continue my work. My school would not give me any kind of CPT or OPT
2. if my school report my suspension to INS would I be out of status or I can I have pending status?
3. Is it possible that this incident trigger doubt in USCIS officer in the interview that I might get married for GC?

Can you guys help me and give some relief. I am really in bad condition right now.

Thanks
O

1. Not until you receive your EAD.
2. Once you filed for AOS, you're no longer F-1, you're in "pending AOS" status.
3. I believe this is not a concern for the officers. All they care is whether you have financial backup and whether you couple have evidences to prove that your marriage is bonafide.

Thanks my friend
I am a PhD student ( or better I was). I need only damn 6 months to wrap that up. :confused:
I have H1B offer from a big company right now ,but I can not file it since H1 open in April and they won't give u till next year October.. You see my friends all bad lucks come together

Omid said:
Thanks my friend
I am a PhD student ( or better I was). I need only damn 6 months to wrap that up. :confused:
How the fuck do you cheat at a PhD? Seriously, I'd like to know. Are you getting done for plagarism?

TheInquisitor said:
your case is better with lawyer. you may or will get suspended? try to drag out the process or win it. can you transfer out of the school and get into another one? and chances are immigration will find out everything, so the marriage will get extra scrutiny.

but relax. you are legal. and even if you become illegal, you can get status because you are marrying a citizen. but again, lawyer your you. your case is too delicate.

Sir/maam, with all due respect, u need to quit giving advice on the forum....it's for the general good. U're a bonafide hazard; a walking catastrophe to be exact.

so where did i go wrong? explain. if not, stop it. if you can explain, our friend will have a better idea of what to do and what not to do. heck, you might have all the info and answers he needs. but no. instead of helping, you come after me. cute. really cute. so either explain or shut up.

Omid said:
Hi Friends

Thanks
O

Hi:

1.You cannot work until you obtain an EAD based on your I485 application.
2. Your status is no longer connected to your school. Your status is pending
AOS.
3. I suggest you be honest IF you are asked about the incident at school.
Note the word "if". I do not know whether the issue would necessarily
come up. If it does come up, you may/may not be pressured about it, but
it is unlikely that it will be fatal to your case.

TheInquisitor said:

UGHH! My patience is too delicate. It's like DUMB AND DUMBER.

I was just thinking if they will figure it out in the interview that i have suspended from school?

Omid said:
I was just thinking if they will figure it out in the interview that i have suspended from school?

They may or they may not....there's no easy way to tell...it depends partly on the extent to which ur school pursues the matter.

It may come up at the interview depending on the interviewer...for example, they may ask u if u're still in school and one question may lead to another which is why I'd advise u not to volunteer information. If u're asked about it then u'd be required by law to tell the truth.

I don't know the specifics of ur case...whether the act of cheating was with the intent to commit fraud or unintentional...and excuse the cliche, but usually the crimes that are problematic are ones involving moral turpitude(which is vague at best).

U might wanna consult a lawyer just to be sure.

Thanks My friend
I am right now on F1 status & and I have filed the GC application last week. The committee will decide about my case in a month so I can maintain my status at least for a month. But I am worried about interview when they will ask about my school and my current status.

TheInquisitor said:
so where did i go wrong? explain. if not, stop it. if you can explain, our friend will have a better idea of what to do and what not to do. heck, you might have all the info and answers he needs. but no. instead of helping, you come after me. cute. really cute. so either explain or shut up.

Actually, u can still go ahead and proffer advice...u've been consistently wrong for so long by the law of averages u're bound to get one right in the near future. I just hate to see someone come back in tears after putting ur Machiavellian ill-advice to action.

Granted, there's a big-ass disclaimer on top of the page but then again how many people read the fine print on documents?

To answer ur question...I had reason to believe the answer to his question on the EAD was self-evident...and any projections on what USCIS would and would not find out would be speculative at best...

kevinlenn: Inquistor's advice may be wrong, and his English may be lacking, but at least he knows how to spell "you" and "your".

Omid said:
Thanks My friend
I am right now on F1 status & and I have filed the GC application last week. The committee will decide about my case in a month so I can maintain my status at least for a month. But I am worried about interview when they will ask about my school and my current status.

Being out of status is insignificant when u apply to adjust status based on marriage to a USC...I wouldn't worry about that if I were u. Furthermore, once u apply to adjust status...ur F-1 is null and void. U falling out of status now wouldn't diminish ur chances of securing a green card...as a matter of fact, u can even refuse to go to school.

Which got me thinking. If u feel the board's decision would end up in u being suspended or dismissed..u'd be better off voluntarily withdrawing from the school before that happens. That's Machiavellian I know...but for the lost opportunity to earn a Phd at that institution, there's an ass saved. It's entirely ur prerogative.

Disclaimer: All "u's' and "ur's" inlieu of "you's" and "your's" are naturally the fault of this author and I'll take blame for that. Apologies to the doctor. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys made my day with the "Dumb and dumber" and "u and urs talk :p

Don't panic about the school situation. I am sorry you felt compelled to take that type of risk. :eek: Just be honest about school incident if it is brought out by immigration (likely not to be). Make sure you don't mess up from this moment on!!!!!! Good Luck.