Please Help me to Expedite my Asylum Interview.

D

drvb165

Hi all to this forum experts, I need your real time experience to expedite my asylum interview without an attorney. I have applied my asylum in the month of June 2020 California SFO and given my biometrics in the month of august.

Here comes my problem. When I contacted my attorney in the early months of 2020 and received my legal advice started my process it was in LIFO method and I was told that everything will be done in 45 days but due to COVID things got out of hands . I didn’t got my interview. It’s been nearly 1 year since I started my process. My personal life, Circumstances in my home country getting worse day by day. My attorney received his full amount of fees as promised and now he’s not even interested to respond to my emails and he even not interested to apply my Ead as an ASAP member. He wants the new government to rescind the old policies. He’s only my hope since I paid me whole attorney fees and am scared that he is an Attorney and I don’t want to mess with them. Here are my questions.

1: Can i request expedite without an attorney
2: I read in this form that we have to submit documentation. What type of documents required.

Forgive my grammar if any, Besides just seeing my post and leaving at-least please give me some suggestions what’s in your mind either good or bad.

Thanks all.

There is so many applicants like you out there. Some have already waited over a year, some 5 years. And who told you it would be done in 45 days? No lawyer would ever tell you that. There is absolutely no guarantee. A file can be easily stuck or get lost , which happens quite a lot frankly speaking, and you can never predict the timeframe. Just keep hanging on and things will come into place. Good luck!

Hi all to this forum experts, I need your real time experience to expedite my asylum interview without an attorney. I have applied my asylum in the month of June 2020 California SFO and given my biometrics in the month of august.

Here comes my problem. When I contacted my attorney in the early months of 2020 and received my legal advice started my process it was in LIFO method and I was told that everything will be done in 45 days but due to COVID things got out of hands . I didn’t got my interview. It’s been nearly 1 year since I started my process. My personal life, Circumstances in my home country getting worse day by day. My attorney received his full amount of fees as promised and now he’s not even interested to respond to my emails and he even not interested to apply my Ead as an ASAP member. He wants the new government to rescind the old policies. He’s only my hope since I paid me whole attorney fees and am scared that he is an Attorney and I don’t want to mess with them. Here are my questions.

2: I read in this form that we have to submit documentation. What type of documents required.

Forgive my grammar if any, Besides just seeing my post and leaving at-least please give me some suggestions what’s in your mind either good or bad.

Thanks all.

Hey bro sorry to hear , i am in the same boat as well as assured this process takes 3 month on track for a year now due to covid ..

anyways to answer your question ,

1: Can i request expedite without an attorney ?
Yes you can actually all they do is send them an email with why you need an expedited request and it's up to the management to consider on case by case basis

Yes you send all the supporting evidence that support your claim , for example if you are claiming a medical hardship you would include your medical reports as supporting evidence ,
also you include your declaration for reference , along with the request it self

contact options for SF office :
Mailing Address:
USCIS
San Francisco Asylum Office
PO Box 77530
San Francisco, CA 94107

The public email address is: SanFranciscoAsylum@uscis.dhs.gov

The public phone numbers are: 415-575-1300, 415-865-3587 and 415-865-3586

The public fax number is: 415-575-1393

so yeah to summarize go ahead and email them your circumstances along with any supporting docs and hopefully you will hear back from them within 15 business days ..

** one more thing try to call them by phone and ask to be added to the shortlist they do have shortlist but sometimes they say it's open and sometimes they say there is no shortlist so give it a try

stay strong and best of luck

Hey bro sorry to hear , i am in the same boat as well as assured this process takes 3 month on track for a year now due to covid ..

anyways to answer your question ,

1: Can i request expedite without an attorney ?
Yes you can actually all they do is send them an email with why you need an expedited request and it's up to the management to consider on case by case basis

Yes you send all the supporting evidence that support your claim , for example if you are claiming a medical hardship you would include your medical reports as supporting evidence ,
also you include your declaration for reference , along with the request it self

contact options for SF office :
Mailing Address:
USCIS
San Francisco Asylum Office
PO Box 77530
San Francisco, CA 94107

The public email address is: SanFranciscoAsylum@uscis.dhs.gov

The public phone numbers are: 415-575-1300, 415-865-3587 and 415-865-3586

The public fax number is: 415-575-1393

so yeah to summarize go ahead and email them your circumstances along with any supporting docs and hopefully you will hear back from them within 15 business days ..

** one more thing try to call them by phone and ask to be added to the shortlist they do have shortlist but sometimes they say it's open and sometimes they say there is no shortlist so give it a try

stay strong and best of luck
Thanks fo the detailed explanation bro.

Thanks all.
SFO office
Waiting since April 2020 for the interview
No sign yet

lawyers: It is a shame that there are deceptions being done by some lawyers. They are promising asylum seekers things they can't fulfill. They project an image that they are in control of the asylum process, even claiming that the duration will be xyz. This is not good. It is unethical and goes against all the regulations that they promised to uphold. However, since they are dealing with asylum seekers who generally don't understand US laws, it's hard to try to disbar them.

asylum applicant: I'm sorry you got the wrong information. with that information, you ended up bugging the lawyer. As you continued to request updates from the lawyer, he/she probably stopped responding to you because there are no updates. Like has been written elsewhere here, the asylum process for most people takes anywhere from a year, an average of two years, to as long as more than five years. There is a lot of waiting in the asylum system. If I was a lawyer, I would share a huge banner disclaimer regarding timelines.

life: the asylum process takes a toll on a person's life, family, relatives etc. At least in recent years, people have been able to work while waiting for their cases to conclude. In the past, people had to wait, while being unable to work. Imagine, waiting 43+ months, without generating income to support yourself. Pressure from family, etc, ruined relationships because you are not able to look after them. Waiting for asylum processes is brutal, not only on the principal applicant. What I am trying to say is that it is important to remember the toll the asylum process takes. This is useless advice since most asylum applicants do not enter the asylum process as a choice. But it's good to remember this. I wish I had been told. Like everyone, I lost everything while waiting for my asylum case to be resolved.

Good luck.

lawyers: It is a shame that there are deceptions being done by some lawyers. They are promising asylum seekers things they can't fulfill. They project an image that they are in control of the asylum process, even claiming that the duration will be xyz. This is not good. It is unethical and goes against all the regulations that they promised to uphold. However, since they are dealing with asylum seekers who generally don't understand US laws, it's hard to try to disbar them.

asylum applicant: I'm sorry you got the wrong information. with that information, you ended up bugging the lawyer. As you continued to request updates from the lawyer, he/she probably stopped responding to you because there are no updates. Like has been written elsewhere here, the asylum process for most people takes anywhere from a year, an average of two years, to as long as more than five years. There is a lot of waiting in the asylum system. If I was a lawyer, I would share a huge banner disclaimer regarding timelines.

life: the asylum process takes a toll on a person's life, family, relatives etc. At least in recent years, people have been able to work while waiting for their cases to conclude. In the past, people had to wait, while being unable to work. Imagine, waiting 43+ months, without generating income to support yourself. Pressure from family, etc, ruined relationships because you are not able to look after them. Waiting for asylum processes is brutal, not only on the principal applicant. What I am trying to say is that it is important to remember the toll the asylum process takes. This is useless advice since most asylum applicants do not enter the asylum process as a choice. But it's good to remember this. I wish I had been told. Like everyone, I lost everything while waiting for my asylum case to be resolved.

Good luck.
Learning many things from people like you, Thanks for your reply.

Thanks all.
Hey man,

I am in the same boat. I applied in late Feb 2020 and I did not get interviewed because everything shut down in March. I asked my lawyer to write to the asylum office and write a brief explanation why I needed to be placed on the interview short list. The asylum office accepted my request after 2 months. It is to be reviewed on a case by case basis. You don't need your lawyer to request it for you.

Always remember that sometimes shit goes sideways and there is nothing you can do about it. It is out of your control. I know people who got their asylum approved in about 6 weeks after filing. Here I am waiting for +1 years.

Hey man,

I am in the same boat. I applied in late Feb 2020 and I did not get interviewed because everything shut down in March. I asked my lawyer to write to the asylum office and write a brief explanation why I needed to be placed on the interview short list. The asylum office accepted my request after 2 months. It is to be reviewed on a case by case basis. You don't need your lawyer to request it for you.

Always remember that sometimes shit goes sideways and there is nothing you can do about it. It is out of your control. I know people who got their asylum approved in about 6 weeks after filing. Here I am waiting for +1 years.
Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear for what you have experienced. Well you really have to talk to your attorney to get you EAD as soon as possible. This is his/her job.

The asylum office emailed my lawyer today and gave me an interview appointment for March 1 off the short list.

Get in that list as soon as you can.
Once they mass vaccinate the US, the international travel will resume and then the influx of the newcomers will clog the asylum system. Your case will be buried in backlog if you don't get on the short list now.

The asylum office emailed my lawyer today and gave me an interview appointment for March 1 off the short list.

Once they mass vaccinate the US, the international travel will resume and then the influx of the newcomers will clog the asylum system. Your case will be buried in backlog if you don't get on the short list now.
Are you too from SFO California?

Nice work , btw when you expedited and the response, whats the timeline? 4 weeks or less? i asked for expedited 10 days ago but with Tx under severe weather all this week, it would be silly to expect a response this week

Nice work , btw when you expedited and the response, whats the timeline? 4 weeks or less? i asked for expedited 10 days ago but with Tx under severe weather all this week, it would be silly to expect a response this week
My lawyer sent a written request to the AO in early December 2020. They emailed us in early Feb 2021 that the short list request has been granted. They offered this interview slot this week.