Please help me some advice

zhwqiu

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Guys.

I got into this bad situation.

My case was transfered to Chicago in Sep 21. 2004. I had interview in early July. At that time no visa availiable.

In auguest I moved to Detroit aera. I filled address changed through this 18003755283. I was told I should recv notice in 30 days. I didnot recv any thing so I called again. the officer did address change again and told me I should recv notice in 30 days. I asked what are they going to do if I won't recv anything again. He told me to called back and they will file an address change request again@!! Now I am in this infinite loop. What should I do?

Due to change job. My lawyer stops working for me (company hired) which makes it worse.

What should I do? Please help me some advice.

THanks
zhwqiu

Call again and again until they get it in their system - also complete the AR-11 form and mail it to the designated address listed.

I changed my address thrice after filing my I-485. All the three times, I sent AR-11 and another letter to INS Nebraska. Never called any phone number. And all the three times, I got a reply back within couple of weeks.

If you need the address where I sent the change of address notice to INS Nebraska, please let me know and I could send it to you.

zhwqiu, we had this same problem when my husband's files were transferred to Cleveland and we had to have it transferred to Detroit. We had to personally go to the Cleveland local office and talk to an immigration officer who then initiated the file transfer. After 4 to 5 weeks we went to the Detroit local office and confirmed that the file had arrived there. When your file is in the local office, you have to file address changes directly to that office too including the AR-11. This was news to us when the officer at the Detroit office told us that. Anyway, we sent them another address change request to the address that they gave us and everything went well. Now, all the communication comes to our new address and the file is in Detroit.

gc_patience:

Thanks for you answer. Do you mean I need mail chicago office an AR11 form? I sent Chicago office an letter to inform them my address has been changed. But recv nothing from that office.

Are there any other documents I need to send to Chicago office?

THanks,
zhwqiu

I called once for an address changed and filled out an AR -11. I had no problems and even received an address change confirmation in the mail in less than 2 weeks.

zhwqiu, that is correct. You have to mail an AR-11 form to the Chicago local office. If you ask them, they will give you an address to which you have to mail it to.

That was good to know GC_Patience. I need one small clarification, to initiate a file transfer from one local office to the other do we need any form or a written communication (like letter addressed to INS) to do so.

We took an Infopass appointment at the old office to initiate a file transfer to the new office. We explained to them that our address had changed and the officer checked our new address on the driver's license and initiated it. We did not have to give any written document.

Thanks for the update. So it is better to initiate a file transfer after you move to the new place and have your drivers lisence changed.

I recved a approval notice today, 10 minutes ago. My case was approved in 1/26/2006. What a relief!

Thanks gc_patience!

A lot of thanks to immigrationportal forum.

Wish good luck to all of you guys.

Zhwqiu

Transfer Question for I-485

My wife aplied for the I -485 August 9,05 we live in Broward county so miami is the local office, they are working on April or May 2003 process time for I 485 this is over two year wait for the interview i guess if we move into palm beach county about 5 miles away the local office is west palm beach and they are processing march 05, does any body know if i move to palm beach county would i be able to tranfer my case to west palm beach office,the person i spoke to at service center said that they have yet to transfer our case to Miami what should i do? i cant wait two years for this!