please help me on opt and H1

Weilei

Registered Users (C)
I got a master in major A last august. Right now I am studying for another master degree B. I applied for OPT based on the completion of courses of major B in Feb. ( I can not apply for major A opt, because I already graduated). For major B, I finished all the courses only left thesis. So the international officer said I am eligible for full time opt.
One company gave me the offer and it would like to apply H-1b for me on March 8th since I have master at hand.
I don't know whether I applied for opt will affect my h1-b application? sounds like these two application are simultaneously. Right now my I-20 shows the recommendation of OPT. When I apply for H-1b in March, whether this I20 will affect my application of H1-b ?
thank you for your help.
wei lei

I don't understand why you want to apply for H-1 on March 8th. Since you already applied for OPT you can work for one year on OPT. There are lot of advantages on OPT like less taxes and you can easily change employer.

If you want to work immediately you can consider working on CPT until you get your OPT. If I were you I will take full advantage of OPT before I apply for H-1.

Weilei said:
I got a master in major A last august. Right now I am studying for another master degree B. I applied for OPT based on the completion of courses of major B in Feb. ( I can not apply for major A opt, because I already graduated). For major B, I finished all the courses only left thesis. So the international officer said I am eligible for full time opt.
One company gave me the offer and it would like to apply H-1b for me on March 8th since I have master at hand.
I don't know whether I applied for opt will affect my h1-b application? sounds like these two application are simultaneously. Right now my I-20 shows the recommendation of OPT. When I apply for H-1b in March, whether this I20 will affect my application of H1-b ?
thank you for your help.
wei lei

thank you for your reply

Hello, thank you for your answer. I can not apply for CPT. Because the IO said this is permanent position not an intern position.
thank you again,
wei lei