• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

please help me .... i have a problem

mmmnnnn

Registered Users (C)
i applied fr dv lottery 2011
and i taken the picture in november 2009
but the date of taken in the picture details is novemeber 2008
and they said the picture must taken within the last 6 months
so...please help me

img638.imageshack.us/img638/949/copyi.jpg

since the picture submission was succesful and u have ur confirmation number already i think u are fine. no need to be scared.

I guess so. But I would like to hear from who has experianced. Any winner (DV2010 / DV2009 ) has experianced this ?

so...please help me

Well one should care for these things, but its never a great issue. If at all they ask you during interview, tell them the photographs were 1-2 months old. Otherwise, not an issue at all.
USAFIS

so...please help me

I dont think its going to create a big problem.....Just tell them photo is taken few days back....so no need to worry.........All the best!

If you decide to break the rules, you should be more careful about erasing evidence. It's not like we can go back in time.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. I don't think they'll bother to check the extended properties of a photo file. It may even be possible you used an old canvas but the pic itself is new. Just say you pasted it over an old pic.

By the way, this is the 3rd time I see you asking questions about this particular picture, all well after the submission deadline. Next time I advise you ask questions BEFORE you submit anything....

Last edited by a moderator:
so...please help me

You have to be rather silly, to say in a public forum, that you violastes the rules to apply to the lottery.

You have to be rather silly, to say in a public forum, that you violastes the rules to apply to the lottery.

So what? Do you honestly believe KCC is on Google the entire day, looking for suspicious posts in forums to do subsequent IP checks?? Even if they did, how will they prove it was not some clown using your IP? Anybody can post random **** about you on the internet, doesn't automatically mean it's true.

I've heard of a Russian woman placing an ad on craigslist, asking for someone to marry her for a green card in exchange for money. Someone did and they both got busted based on their IPs. However, that is SERIOUS fraud. Using an older pic is not serious fraud.

Yes photo play vital role in Green card lottery. We should submit photo which should be 6 months from the current date. If you would have provided old photo there is chance getting rejected. So be aware while you submit documents.