Please help me....(I-140)

dallas444

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer filed my I-140 in June'02, just last week INS sent a letter asking for all the previous work experience letter on company's letterhead.

But the problem is my previous employer is no more in business, that company is closed. I don't have letter from this company.

I don't know how to get my work experience letter.
Is there any alternative solution for this ?

Please help me...

Thanks in advance
Dallas444

Alternative

Get a letter from a colleague or a co-worker who can swear under oath that he/she worked with you and that they are personally aware of your job duties, and then state the job duties.

Tim

Thank you

Thank you very much Tim.
After i read your reply, i spoke to one of my old co-worker from our former employer. He said he can write a letter on his current employer letterhead about myself and my job duties.

I don't know INS will accept this or not.

Thanks again
Dallas444

Co-worker affidavits

Reply: Affidavits from Co-workers should do. The afidavit should not be on your co-worker's company letter head. It should be on a plain paper.

Disclaimer:
The writer of this message is not a lawyer and this message is not meant to be legal advice. Before relying on this information, you must consult a lawyer on the facts of your specific case. The Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.

shivani - can you provide your opinion on this one...thanks...

i meet all the criteria(job desc, 4yr degree, yrs of exp, eb2) except that the labor cert has specified

a major in computer science(750A), whereas i have 4 yr engg degree EE and NIIT(comp diploma). when

looking at the edu eval, the attestation says, based on the courses taken in BE(23 units of CS courses)

and NIIT, i have a major in EE and major in comp science. will I140 be denied?

thanks,