Please help me for 485 processing

sivak_c

Registered Users (C)
My company is not applying for EAD? since I have valid h1 visa till 2004 , they are not applying .but they are applying for AP,
with that EAC number can i apply for EAD by own.My attorney said she will apply some where in March .they applyed EAD and AP for my wife.Because i paid for those cost.

Could you suggest me how can i apply EAD by my own. will attorney knows if i appled by my own.

Yes

You can apply by yourself. You don't need a lawyer for EAD renewal. Just fill up the form, attach photocopy of the old EAD, approval notice for last EAD, two photos, I-485 receipt notice. I got my first EAD through lawyer and I applied for renewal by myself.

I dont have my first EAD, my compnay is applying in MARCH, till then i have to wait , sp in this case what is the next step. To do my own what i have to do.

You can apply for your EAD on your own. I did the same , the Lawyer or the Employer does not know unless u inform them.

You need

I -765 form ( can download from INS website)
Copy of I-485 receipt
copy of I-94
2 ADIT style Photographs
Cheque for $120.00

All the instructions are on the form.

Pray tell me why do u need an EAD now? Do you
wish to leave the company after 180 days ?
Otherwise its a wste of money. Since u have upto 2004
on ur H1.

EAD gives you some sort of security in case one is on bench or is in danger of being laid off. Also, as far as I know, you can change jobs after 180 days of filing 485 only if you have EAD.