Please Help!!!! Laid off

Pomino

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have an approved I-140 and EAD with I-485 pending more than a year in EB3. My project got over and I am looking for another job meanwhile I have been laid off by my sponsor company but GC processing will continue.

What is my status. Can I stay without an employer as it might take some time to find another job.

What is the process for using AC21. If anybody has used it please let me know.

Thank you.

Pomino said:
What is my status. Can I stay without an employer as it might take some time to find another job.

You're an adjustee, and are in legal status until your I-485 is ajudicated.

What is the process for using AC21. If anybody has used it please let me know.

When USCIS asks for evidence of your job, just inform them with an employer letter and a paystub or two.

Thankyou so much for quick reply. I have been offered a position of Business Analyst by this new company and my old employer has filed my Labor as Programmer/Analyst.Now the
Adjustment Of Status Portability Under The American Competitiveness In The Twenty-First Century Act (AC21) – Relevant Portions says-

(1) Section 204 of the Immigration and Nationality Act is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:

“(j) Job Flexibility for Long Delayed Applicants for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residence.—[An employment-based immigrant petition described in INA §204(a)(1)(F) ] for an individual whose application for adjustment of status pursuant to section 245 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more shall remain valid with respect to a new job if the individual changes jobs or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job for which the petition was filed.”

Do you think Business Analyst falls in the same emloyment classification as Programmer/Analyst. I would really really appreciate if TheRealCanadian or anyone can reply to my question.

Thanks.