Please Help in understanding FBI Name Check.

sunks

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a 03/03 I485 concurrent filer and like most of us I am still waiting for magic mail. I had my 2nd FP done last week and checked with FBI and got usual response that results sent to USCIS same day etc. I had read in some posts about FBI Name check process also and want to sent email/fax to FBI in that regard. I have few questions in my mind about this. May be UN or other gurus help me understanding it better.

1. Is FBI Name check done once for an applicant or done after each FP.
2. If it is done once and if some one has got EAD approvals (twice), does that mean FBI Name check is through or EAD does not require Name Check.
3. Do I need to enquire about Name Check for all members of the family (including those who do not require FP also).
4. I know it is not a question having straight answer. But what is approximate time for Name check process to complete.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks UN

Thanks unitednations. Your replies helped me and others also in understanding the Name Check Process better. I will initiate Email enquiry and wait for a reply.

Who initiate FBI name check?

Hi unitednations,

Do I have to do anything to initiate FBI name check? Do I have to fill any special form or USCIS process everything?

Thanks.