Please help in my DUI case i485 is pending

asmanu

I had a clean driving record but one day I got in to an accident when driving drunk and sleepy (No injuries to anyone) I didn't get arrested nither the police suspended my driving licence because in the accident I got unconsious and they took me to the hospital for few hours then after 5 days I got another accident but I was not drunk this time and police just gave me $175 ticket and I paid that next day. I went to India for family emergeny and while I was there my wife told me that I got a court date for DUI charge. I hired a DUI lawer over the phone and asked him to extend the date of hearing since I was not in US he extended the date to Dec 4th. I came back to US on Payrole my i485 is pending but I have already received my EAD card. I don't know what will happen in the court yet and I am too much worried about what DUI panelties will come to me , will they deport me or deny my GC application , will they put me in a jail and suspend my driver licence Please if someone can help me and advice what should I do and what will happen.

Which state did your DUI happen?

Hi Asman,

Which state did your DUI happen? Don't get too nervous. Take things one at a time.

What was your BAC? Am sure the hospital did a blood test on you. Hire a lawyer immediately.

Since you mention that you were in an accident, your case might be a little complicated. Was any property destroyed in the process?

Were you on H1 when the accident happened or were you on EAD?

There are too many questions to be asked in your case.

Since it is your first DUI, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

All the best,
thin_king

I had a clean driving record but one day I got in to an accident when driving drunk and sleepy (No injuries to anyone) I didn't get arrested nither the police suspended my driving licence because in the accident I got unconsious and they took me to the hospital for few hours then after 5 days I got another accident but I was not drunk this time and police just gave me $175 ticket and I paid that next day. I went to India for family emergeny and while I was there my wife told me that I got a court date for DUI charge. I hired a DUI lawer over the phone and asked him to extend the date of hearing since I was not in US he extended the date to Dec 4th. I came back to US on Payrole my i485 is pending but I have already received my EAD card. I don't know what will happen in the court yet and I am too much worried about what DUI panelties will come to me , will they deport me or deny my GC application , will they put me in a jail and suspend my driver licence Please if someone can help me and advice what should I do and what will happen.

Thanks for your reply
I am Washinton state, I don't know what was my BAC level but at the hospital doctor told me that my BAC was 300% I don't know what does that mean. I already hired a DUI lawer and he said no guilty on the first court date for me, my next date for trial on Feb 8th 2008. My lawer didn't received any police report yet so I don't know what charges they have put on me. My accident happened on the road so the other car got damaged, I slept while driving and i hit the car which was in front of me. I had wine bottel in the car and after the accident I don't remeber anything how they brought me to the hospital. The other party didnot get injured.
I am on EAD and my i485 was filed on 25th of July 2007. I don't know when it will be approved or may be declined because of this DUI.