Please help! I'm Clueless

helloworld25

:confused: HI...I am hoping someone can help me...
I work in the Midwest and am at the I-485 stage of my green card filed in May 2003. I recently got a job offer with a company in California for a similar job position which I am debating whether to accept. My question is a) does anyone know what steps are involved in this transfer b) will I need to transfer from Nebraska service center to California, if so then will I lose my place in line I.e. date filed will no longer be May 2003 but more like March 2005? c) Finally anyone with a smililar experince who may have gotten their 1-485 denied during the transfer?

A HUGE THANKS TO ALL WHO CAN HELP

helloworld25 said:
I work in the Midwest and am at the I-485 stage of my green card filed in May 2003. I recently got a job offer with a company in California for a similar job position which I am debating whether to accept. My question is a) does anyone know what steps are involved in this transfer b) will I need to transfer from Nebraska service center to California, if so then will I lose my place in line I.e. date filed will no longer be May 2003 but more like March 2005? c) Finally anyone with a smililar experince who may have gotten their 1-485 denied during the transfer?

I gave got very limited expertise on this area so I might miss important steps, but I would make sure that :
1. I140 has already been approved.
2. The new employer is willing to give you EVL letter
3. The new employer is willing to give financial info if it will be needed an they are in a position to pay the wage mentioned in the LCA
4. You should report the change of your address

Maybe that is all, but I'm just not sure 100 percent.

My application will be denied later so I still do not have experience in this regard.

I dont mean to scare you but please check with your lawyer as the employer can withdraw the I-140 at any stage and you dont ant to be stuck. I know from experience that it happened with one of my friends and he decided to stay back till the 485 was approved, please check before you make a decision.

helloworld25 said:

You do not need to any thing other changing your address and filing AR-11.
Some time USCIS it self transfers cases from one service center to another because of some unspecified reasons. But I would not worry about that because it happens very rarely.

I have similar experience. I know many people who changed jobs in similar way
No one got transfered.