please help i am FLIPPING OUT

qazqwert

HI all,
i have filed for my h1b , and it reached the Vermont center in 1st week of june 2006 . please note that this is normal processing, not premium, and i dont come under the quota , since it is a non profit.

i am yet to recieve a reciept number. if you filed around the same time ( not premium) and have gotten your numbers, please let me know how long it took.

any suggestions about how to follow up also greatly appreciated.

thanks and good luck to all

I'm also in the same boat.

I've also filed in the First week of June and yet to get the Receipt number and also the checks are not yet cleared. I'm also little tensed coz my H1B is expiring on first week of July..

A fresh (COS) H1B regular was files by the employer (cap exempt) on June 8th 2006. I have received the H4 receipt notice dated June 19th on June 23rd. I am assuming the H1B receipt notice may have also reached my employer -- have to check on that. H1B and H were submitted in the same packet to VSC.

In the same position

I also applied the first week of June. I applied standard processing and I too work for a non profit organization, therefore cap exempt. I have heard nothing. I have no proof they have received my application. I tried ringing customer services and they won't talk to me at all. They will only talk to my employer or a lawyer...and then they tell me they won't have specific case information. :mad:
As far as I know they have had over 30,000 extra H-1B applications since the cap was reached and they are sifting through them slowly. I have also been told that Vermont is inundated with applications...and there are lots of envelopes that remain unopened, still waiting to be processed. :mad:
I am going out of my mind as my visa ran out on 30th July 06 too. :( A friend told me I would have heard something by now..I mean its been over 4 weeks and still nothing. I have come to the conclusion that I would have heard something by now if I had been successful. :(

I got a receipt!!!!

Just to inform you I got my receipt today!!!!! :) I can't believe it!!! :) After everyone telling me it wasn't going to happen and me finally accepting it I have a confirmed receipt as of 26th June. :D They are processing my application which doesn't mean I have the visa..just they are going to process it..they still may say no!! :eek: but fingers crossed it will go through!! Let me know if you hear anything!!!!