Please HELP!!!! - How far can I reshedule FP?????

kannan123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed my I-485 as single on 12/19/01.
I received FP notice on 01/15/02 to appear on 02/05/02.

How far I can push out my FP appointment, b\'cos I\'m getting married on 04/20/02 and planned to file-to-join for my spouse after marriage.

Any advice/suggestion/guidence would be appreciative. Thanks a lot.

Kannan.

see if this applies to you....

vamsimar "San Jose FP waiters thread (from 12/28/2001)" 1/16/02 9:53am

Does any one know about LA service center (Laguna Nigel)???

Does any one know about LA service center (Laguna Nigel)??? in regards to my first question?????

You can probably give FP now!

You can give FP now and the chances of you getting approval by april are quite slim. Most everyone is getting an RFE and you will have about 3 months or so to respond to the RFE (this is what happened to my friend who filed from VSC). So, you should be able to file for your wife, as soon as you come back from India.

OTOH, someone else I know was also waiting to get married, so, he didn\'t appear for FP twice. And then he got married. He was waiting for his third FP notice. That was the last I know. You might want to talk to your attoreny. You will get your second FP notice by end of March or so I think.

My 2 cents worth..

kannan123,

If you do your FP and if things move faster then there is a slim chance that you may get your AOS before you get married. I think it is better to postpone your FP appointment.

I think every time you reschedule it gets pushed by atleast one month. I don\'t know how many times one can reschedule though!

- PCee

Thanks a lot PCee and Arch.

I\'m going to request to push it out after April-20th and that is what my attorney also suggests. I\'ve to keep my fingers crossed till I get my second notice!!!!

Thanks again.