Please help H1B stamping from Canada or Pakistan

aatish231

Registered Users (C)
Hello i just got my H1B renewed and now i want to travel to Pakistan. I got my first H1B from the Islamabad consulate back in 2007. In 2006 i got my B2 visa which is still valid till 2012.
I have the following question

1)Should i get my stamping done in Karachi or Canada (any pros cons)
2) Although it states on my passport B1-B2 Valid till 2012 is it still valid since i am on H1B
3) Would their be a time difference in the administrative process for both countries?
4) I heard some place that only time you can apply from Canada is if you have already once REapplied from Pakistan. In other word the first time you have to go to Pakistan to reapply for H1B stamping
Please let me know its urgent.
Thank You for your time and effort
Ali

One thing to add is if their is a administrative delay would i be able to leave canada to Pakistan. I was told by a friend it is possible and he did it but still wondering if this is the case or he just got lucky? He told me that they gave him an option to pick up his passport because it would take time for his visa
Thanks

A1 : That is a personal choice. If you get stuck in adminsitrative process, Karachi would be a better choice to wait it out at.
A2: Even if your B-1/2 visa is valid, you cannot use it to re-enter the US in lieu of a pending H-1B visa. You will most likely be denied entry at the POE.
A3: I do not think so. Length of the admin process is influenced by the applicant, not by which consulate is involved.
A4: Since this will not be your first H-1B visa, I think you should be fine applying at a US consulate in Canada. However see A1 for the worst case scenario.

1)Should i get my stamping done in Karachi or Canada (any pros cons)
2) Although it states on my passport B1-B2 Valid till 2012 is it still valid since i am on H1B
3) Would their be a time difference in the administrative process for both countries?
4) I heard some place that only time you can apply from Canada is if you have already once REapplied from Pakistan. In other word the first time you have to go to Pakistan to reapply for H1B stamping