Please help: Got K3, What to do with I-130?

pgeorge64

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My wife just got her K3 visa. But at the same time my I-130 was approved and sent to NVC. I just completed the affidavit of support and sent the application fee to NVC. I am waiting for the DS-230 form and related paperwork. (they just cashed the check for the fee).
1. My question is, how long will take for NVC to process the immigrant petition from this point?
2. Is it worth for my wife to come here on a K3 visa?
3. If she comes here on K3, does she need to go back to India for the immigrant visa?

Thanks much for any help that you can provide,
Paul

You about 45 days away from NVC completing the case and forwarding to Consulate in India. If your wife comes on K3 you will have to do the adjustment of status and you have to go through the head ache. If you can wait for approximately 3 more months, she can come with GC.

If she comes here on K3, she can always go back after 3 months and go through the consular processing ? Or is it required that she will have to file adjustment of status here?

Your I-130 is approved. there is no waiting time for USC spouse at NVC. It is not worth to come US with K3 visa. You should wait. She will be here soon.
Thanks