Please help, Ginnu, Gurus please

MouliBanerjee

Registered Users (C)
Let me introduce myself. So long I was a passive member here but got so much help. Now I need advise from gurus in my situation.

I am from India, EB3 PD May 2002. filed my 485 on June 2005 and my husband (dependend) filled same time.

Our cases xfered to TSC in March 07 and FP done in May 07 beginning.

I need to go to India for a visit in August 2007. My husband too will go that time but a little early and come with me. I have AP and valid EAD. Husband has AP but his EAD is pending.

NOW OUR CONCERN is what is the worst case scenario that our 485 is cancelled and we cannot return? These are our questions

1) Is there a chance that USCIS will call for some interview and if we cannot attend, 485 will be cancelled and we cannot return?

2) If there is any RFE, will it come to attoryney too. If attorney cannot answer(as we are not here) what may happend worst case?

3) If green card is approved, can we enter with AP?

4) If my husband EAD is not approved by then, can he enter with AP only?

Please please help. For experts these questions may sound strange but we are in mental tension as we already purchased the tickets and want to meet our aged parents.

thanks
Mouli Banerjee

My opinion!!!!!!!!

Let me introduce myself. So long I was a passive member here but got so much help. Now I need advise from gurus in my situation.

I am from India, EB3 PD May 2002. filed my 485 on June 2005 and my husband (dependend) filled same time.

Our cases xfered to TSC in March 07 and FP done in May 07 beginning.

I need to go to India for a visit in August 2007. My husband too will go that time but a little early and come with me. I have AP and valid EAD. Husband has AP but his EAD is pending.

NOW OUR CONCERN is what is the worst case scenario that our 485 is cancelled and we cannot return? These are our questions
---------I dont think this will happen.. Worst case they might send you RFE/Call for interview.

1) Is there a chance that USCIS will call for some interview and if we cannot attend, 485 will be cancelled and we cannot return?

-------------We dont know for sure wether they call for interview or not!!!. But if you miss the interview date... Definitely that will be a problem for sure.......
2) If there is any RFE, will it come to attoryney too. If attorney cannot answer(as we are not here) what may happend worst case?
------------If you filed ur 485 on u r own... I think you get it. Otherwise Attorney... I think you can track this online everyday....

3) If green card is approved, can we enter with AP?
---------Yes for sure you can use AP even after your GC is approved... Immigration Clerk at the POE will give you warm welcome there...
4) If my husband EAD is not approved by then, can he enter with AP only?
---------YES.... EAD is different from AP.... But he should work without valid EAD/ Approved or pending H1....

Please please help. For experts these questions may sound strange but we are in mental tension as we already purchased the tickets and want to meet our aged parents.
------------If at all you can avoid the trip, I think it is in best interests...
But again if you go, make sure you track the 485 status quite frequent... Incase if there is an RFE/Interview/FP/Biometrics you could act accordingly....

thanks

thanks for your reply.

I filed via attorney. So if any RFE I assume they should answer.

I and my husband did FP. So my only worry is now interview.

So if there is any interview call do you know how many days BEFORE they give notice. I mean worst case how many days do I get to come back to USA? Anybody knows?

Jack!!!!!!!!! You caught it right...

Jack!!!!!!!!! You caught it right...

MouliBanerjee...
Please make note of this....

Also

attorney may also get a copy if you get interview letter. If so you can request your attorney to send you a email so that you can return for the interview...

Kumarsr,
MY I-485 RD is just a month before your's, MY PD is EB3 Dec 2003. As the dates are becoming current in July. Did you follow up your case?
Is your name check pending or cleared? Let me know how i need to know if my name check is cleared.
I did my second FP on may 10th 2007. Does it eman that my inital name check is cleared.