please help for the asylum interview notice

messi28

Registered Users (C)
hi, i come to the US Philadelphia PA two months ago with a business visa and i applied for asylum and i received a an acknowledgement of receipt that my I-589 asylum application was received and is pending as of July/11/2013 and and just 5 days after that i received a second receipt to appear in a USCIS Center here in Philadelphia to be fingerprinted and photographed and i did it in July/19/2013 but until now the 06/08/2013 that's mean 26 days after they received may application and didn't received the notice for the interview i just want to know if this's normal because in the USCIS web site they say that you will get this notice within 21 days and if it's normal please tell me the maximum while it can be to get an interview notice .

and my second question is about the options how to contact the USCIS to be sure if they send or not my interview notice yet .

i appreciate the help you gives to people here thanks a lot .

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, i come to the US Philadelphia PA two months ago with a business visa and i applied for asylum and i received a an acknowledgement of receipt that my I-589 asylum application was received and is pending as of July/11/2013 and and just 5 days after that i received a second receipt to appear in a USCIS Center here in Philadelphia to be fingerprinted and photographed and i did it in July/19/2013 but until now the 06/08/2013 that's mean 26 days after they received may application and didn't received the notice for the interview i just want to know if this's normal because in the USCIS web site they say that you will get this notice within 21 days and if it's normal please tell me the maximum while it can be to get an interview notice .

and my second question is about the options how to contact the USCIS to be sure if they send or not my interview notice yet .

hi my friend , dont worry you must wait more than 21 days and that's normal
i waiting for interview notice over 6 months unfortunately , that problem not specially for me , everybody here have the same problem , please forget USCIS web site and also within 21 days for the interview notice

2. they send your interview notice in your mail box and send to your lawyer too

Welcome to the club! I am waiting for my interview more than 10 months. If you want to ask about you interview, call your asylum office, not USCIS. They will ask your alien number and personal information and then they will answer all your questions. Better to call them from time to time, in case they send invitation, but post office somehow didn't delivered it to you.
Good luck.

hi my friend , dont worry you must wait more than 21 days and that's normal
i waiting for interview notice over 6 months unfortunately , that problem not specially for me , everybody here have the same problem , please forget USCIS web site and also within 21 days for the interview notice

2. they send your interview notice in your mail box and send to your lawyer too

hi and thanks a lot my friend for your response, so every thing is normal and a lot of asylum applicant are in the same

situation so we should wait until that date.

thanks

Welcome to the club! I am waiting for my interview more than 10 months. If you want to ask about you interview, call your asylum office, not USCIS. They will ask your alien number and personal information and then they will answer all your questions. Better to call them from time to time, in case they send invitation, but post office somehow didn't delivered it to you.
Good luck.

thanks my friend 10 months its very long time i dont think that i can wait all this time because of my family situation there in my country without but how know

but in all this while did you asked for driver license or work authorization yet ?

thanks

thanks my friend 10 months its very long time i dont think that i can wait all this time because of my family situation there in my country without but how know

but in all this while did you asked for driver license or work authorization yet ?

thanks
After 150 days you can apply for EAD, it will take about 2 months to get it. Driving license you can get now, if you are still in status. But still depend of the state. I got mine before I applied.

After 150 days you can apply for EAD, it will take about 2 months to get it. Driving license you can get now, if you are still in status. But still depend of the state. I got mine before I applied.

thanks a lot for your help my friend hope its gonna be well for all of us .

Asylum cases are becoming more complicated I have been waiting for more than 5 months to get interview notice

You have to wait more than 180 days to receive your work permit

It could take up to six months if you are an applicants whomaybe scheduled to be interviewed at a USCIS field office you may receive your interview notices much later. processing times vary widely depending on a variety of factors including staffing and budgets at USCIS

Lets just keep praying and have some patience

Asylum cases are becoming more complicated I have been waiting for more than 5 months to get interview notice

You have to wait more than 180 days to receive your work permit

It could take up to six months if you are an applicants whomaybe scheduled to be interviewed at a USCIS field office you may receive your interview notices much later. processing times vary widely depending on a variety of factors including staffing and budgets at USCIS

Lets just keep praying and have some patience

thanks my friend for the information and you're right we have nothing to do accept waiting and praying for the good .

Last edited by a moderator: