Please help! Fairfax VA infopass appointment for stamping.

ganshm

Registered Users (C)
Two questions:

1. Any tricks in geting an appt with the Fairfax VA location? I just keep getting the "not available" message. I saw a post about logging on the site in the afternoon about 6pm. I tried that but it did not work. Any experience?

2. Can I go to another USCIS location for stamping? I checked the WV and Dover, DE locations and they all have many appt slots available.

Thanks.

ganshm

Stamping

You can stamp you passport anywhere in USA.
Just make an InfoPass appointment and bring the
required photos, appointment notice, and EAD's, AP's etc.

Good luck

mojavetoo said:
You can stamp you passport anywhere in USA.
Just make an InfoPass appointment and bring the
required photos, appointment notice, and EAD's, AP's etc.

Good luck

1. You can only go to your designated centre, and it depends on your zip code as on file with uscis.
2. Appointments are not give for more than 15 days in advance. So the message menas that no appointments are available for the next 2 weeks. Try early in the morning as they roll out a new day for appointments.

Try at odd times.

Hey Try at odd times like 1AM or 2 AM. There is chance you will get it.
I tried around 1:30 AM and I got it in one shot.

Confused

I am confused. Am I able to stamp at another center? If possible, please give me your source of info.

Thanks.

ganshm

ganshm said:
I am confused. Am I able to stamp at another center? If possible, please give me your source of info.

Thanks.

ganshm

As per USCIS help line staff, answer is NO, you cannot go to any service center except for the designated one based on your ZIP.

Try Sunday night, I got to pick all available Monday slots 2 weeks away. Seemed that was when they made new slots available.

ganshm,

You need to keep trying at odd hours like midnight, early morning etc..

I heard that somebody just walked in and could get in the local office ..

Good luck..

ganshm - Call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC)- 1 (800) 375-5283

Call the NCSC, They don't do anything else. Al least let them do this.
Good Luck ...

Last edited by a moderator:
ganshm said:
Two questions:

1. Any tricks in geting an appt with the Fairfax VA location? I just keep getting the "not available" message. I saw a post about logging on the site in the afternoon about 6pm. I tried that but it did not work. Any experience?

Yes try several times between 5Pm-6PM any day. You will be able to get an appointment. Search the forum for other users similar experiences. I too got mine @ 5.35PM.

2. Can I go to another USCIS location for stamping? I checked the WV and Dover, DE locations and they all have many appt slots available.

Not sure about this. They may not allow it , in my opinion.

Thanks.

ganshm

Did you finally get the appt in Fairfax?

Did you finally get the appt in Fairfax? Did anyone else get the appointment in last 4 weeks? Please let me know.

Thanks,
-M

I-551 stamped

I tried for 3 weeks and didn't have any luck. Then got an appointment for Norfolk office and got it stamped. The officer looked at my VA Driver's license and let me go in and stamping wasn't an issue after that. It's worth the drive to Norfolk.

No luck getting a Fairfax appt for over 2 weeks now. I have tried for a 100 different centers across USA just to check the status and I was able to get to the appt screen at every one of them except fairfax. Currently even if you try all day all week you cannot get a Fairfax stamping appt. You can get it for any other center pretty much :(

INFOPASS appt available in Fairfax VA

Hi guys,

I was trying to get the infopass appointment for Passport stamping in Washington DC office (Fairfax VA) for last 8 weeks. Finally I got the appointment today.

Currently there are lots of appointments available for June. Hurry!!!!

Thanks,
-M

Guys,

My I-485 case has been transfered to Fairfax , VA office from nebraska service centre. Any idea how long does it take to reach the file at fairfax office from service centre?

Is the infopass appointment situation still very bad at fairfax office?

Thanks!