Please help explain FBI name check reply!

Xie

Registered Users (C)
Hello, guys,

I am totally confused now.

Got an email reply from FBI name check department with the following information"

"This is in reference to your facimile dated June 2, 2004, concerning the immigration status of you and your spouse, XXXX. A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed requests were received for you and XXXXX from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)on January 21, 2004. These requests were processed on the day of receipt, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS. "

Guys, based on your own expereinces, dose this mean that our name checks are cleared already? Because FBI didn't state clearly what results they got in the message. I mean it could be both sides although I even never have a traffic ticket in this country. I just want you guys to share your experiences with me on this. Is this the standard way FBI to say name check clearance? I really appreciate your comments. Thanks in advance.

We are currently in a desperate situation: finished interview in the end of Feb. 04, and were told approval was pending on FBI name check. 3rd EAD renewals are still pending. But old EADs expired already one month ago. So we both have to stay at home without income at all.

We really deperately need some help now.

Info

Xie,
When did you fax FBI - I mean what Date ? What date did you give finger prints ?

Xie Xie

Xie

Sorry I meant to ask what Date did FBI reply you and what was your finger print date ?>

Xie Xie

Xie said:
Hello, guys,

Got an email reply from FBI name check department with the following information"

"This is in reference to your facimile dated June 2, 2004, concerning the immigration status of you and your spouse, XXXX. A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed requests were received for you and XXXXX from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)on January 21, 2004. These requests were processed on the day of receipt, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS. "

Guys, based on your own expereinces, dose this mean that our name checks are cleared already? Because FBI didn't state clearly what results they got in the message. I mean it could be both sides although I even never have a traffic ticket in this country. I just want you guys to share your experiences with me on this. Is this the standard way FBI to say name check clearance? I really appreciate your comments. Thanks in advance.

We are currently in a desperate situation: finished interview in the end of Feb. 04, and were told approval was pending on FBI name check. 3rd EAD renewals are still pending. But old EADs expired already one month ago. So we both have to stay at home without income at all.

We really deperately need some help now.
FBI only lets you know if the results have been communicated to USCIS or not. That pretty much is standard. If you had a record, I am sure you would know it. I dont think you have anything to worry. Hang in there and your approvals should come.

Advance congratulations.... get ready to celebrate.

Hi ,
You can apply IEAD , so that u can work. How did y get reply from FBI?
Have you faxed ur email also?

FBI Name Check- Got Call But.. Please help

Friends after 95 days of waiting time I got the call from FBI. They also called my employer to inform them about my clearance. She gave me good news that FBI has completed my "Name Check" process,and also passed me state dept no.
But once I called state dept, they told me they dont have any clearance YET. This is so unbeliveable. After i asked her further how come this is possible FBI just called me , she said there are many agencies involved and this could take b.w 2 to 18 months. This is so crazy for me. Any way can pls give me hint whats going on? Even though FBI told my employer to wait till monday and today is thursday how come State Dept can say this? PLEASE HELP. thanks!

Hi

Hi Waliansari,
Which country are you from ? Did you have to wait for 95 days ? for what ?
When did you do your Finger Prints ? When did you fax the request and when did you receive a response ?

Thanks for the info.

I'm confused with the Name check!

Indokiddo,
I am little bit confused here!
Did u guys initiate the FBI name check or just FBI followed it up with you as part of the GC process?
Why iam asking is, I finished 2nd FP 3 weeks ago. Do I need to call/fax FBI to clear the name check or just wait for the call??
thanks

Hi ,
i received the same info via faxed letter stating name check received in 1-03 yes 2003 and still pending and i couldnt be helped any further. When I called them back they stated you can wait much much longer than what my case has taken...

So congrats to folks whose names have cleared,

rd 10-01
nd 12-01
fp 2 8-03

One of the checks that BCIS does is a FBI name check. We will not know when they request FBI for this. But you can send an fax enquiry after your finger prints (FP check is different from name check from what I know). If BCIS requested FBI for name check for you then they will tell you the status.

Oct2002_485 said:
Indokiddo,
I am little bit confused here!
Did u guys initiate the FBI name check or just FBI followed it up with you as part of the GC process?
Why iam asking is, I finished 2nd FP 3 weeks ago. Do I need to call/fax FBI to clear the name check or just wait for the call??
thanks

FBI Name check approved BUT

I am from Pakistan but i am also a landed Canadian immigrant. My case was just revalidation of my visa and I have to wait 95 days today. Today i got call from FBI and they told me i am cleared means my name check is done.

Now i have to wait to hear from embassy so I can go and get the passport frm the. But this is so strange right after FBI chk i called State dept and she told me she havenot got any clearance yet. I dont know what does that means but i belive they would get something today from FBI and then I would get call from US emabssy Ottawa. Please let me know if any one of u know anything about this. U can also reach me at waliansari@hotmail.com

A long story for this FBI name check

IndoKiddo said:
Sorry I meant to ask what Date did FBI reply you and what was your finger print date ?>

Xie Xie

I have contacted FBI three times: 1st on April 15 with a voice mail, 2nd on May 17 with a fax, and 3rd on June 2 also with a fax. But I never got any responses from FBI. So finally I convinced my spouse that we should try to contact congressman or senator to push this FBI name check. We faxed a letter to Congressman Eric Cantor on June 30, and his office replied on July 1 that they already forwarded our request to FBI. Yesterday (July 8) we got an email reply from FBI in response to my fax on June 2. But my spouse and I believe that it was Congressman Cantor's push which trigged FBI to finish our name check and replied our request.

We did fingerprinting twice. 1st on Sept. 7, 02, and 2nd on Feb. 5, 04. So fingerprinting doesn't necessarilly correlate to FBI name check. It is the BCIS officers who decide when to oder your name check.

Xie said:
Hello, guys,

Xie: I think you are done with the name check. It looks that the name check takes only short time period (probably several days). So, the I-485 delays are still coming from CIS instead of name check. Do you guys agree? IC

Your case is totally different from ours.

waliansari said:
I am from Pakistan but i am also a landed Canadian immigrant. My case was just revalidation of my visa and I have to wait 95 days today. Today i got call from FBI and they told me i am cleared means my name check is done.

Now i have to wait to hear from embassy so I can go and get the passport frm the. But this is so strange right after FBI chk i called State dept and she told me she havenot got any clearance yet. I dont know what does that means but i belive they would get something today from FBI and then I would get call from US emabssy Ottawa. Please let me know if any one of u know anything about this. U can also reach me at waliansari@hotmail.com

We are talking about GC process. You are talking about your visa. As far as I know, for visa process, it totally depends on the embassy and State dept even if your FBI name check is cleared. I know somebody from Turkey who got his visa revalidated in US embassy in Turkey within 2-3 weeks.

You are right, and also wrong at some extent.

immigrationcom said:
Xie: I think you are done with the name check. It looks that the name check takes only short time period (probably several days). So, the I-485 delays are still coming from CIS instead of name check. Do you guys agree? IC

It really depends on when your name check is ordered and who is working on your name check. Theoritically, the name check should take no more than 72 h to complete. But if unfortunately, your request is hidden somewhere in FBI and the agent who is wokring on your case is on vacation or has a big work load (who knows), then it will become a long long paiful journey. I have seen some people's name check is pending since Jan. 03.

My experience is: YOU HAVE TO BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT BCIS ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR NAME CHECK TO FBI FIRST BEFORE YOU CONTACT FBI. Otherwise, FBI won't reply even if you ask Congressman or Senator for help. If you are 100% sure that BCIS submitted your name check to FBI, then send FBI fax with all your details (name, gender, DOB, A#, SSN, Email address, home address, phone number, fax number, whatever you can put down) every 4-5 weeks. Try this for at least 2-3 times, and be sure to save all the copies of your fax. If FBI still doesn't answer you, then go to ask Congressman for help.

Xie said:
It really depends on when your name check is ordered and who is working on your name check. Theoritically, the name check should take no more than 72 h to complete. But if unfortunately, your request is hidden somewhere in FBI and the agent who is wokring on your case is on vacation or has a big work load (who knows), then it will become a long long paiful journey. I have seen some people's name check is pending since Jan. 03.

My experience is: YOU HAVE TO BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT BCIS ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR NAME CHECK TO FBI FIRST BEFORE YOU CONTACT FBI. Otherwise, FBI won't reply even if you ask Congressman or Senator for help. If you are 100% sure that BCIS submitted your name check to FBI, then send FBI fax with all your details (name, gender, DOB, A#, SSN, Email address, home address, phone number, fax number, whatever you can put down) every 4-5 weeks. Try this for at least 2-3 times, and be sure to save all the copies of your fax. If FBI still doesn't answer you, then go to ask Congressman for help.
Xie: Absoluately agree with your comments. Thanks. IC