Please HELP: - EB2 - 3 yr BS+8 yrs minimum experience in the IT field - Guys please Post

sagar10

Registered Users (C)
Please HELP: - EB2 - 3 yr BS+8 yrs minimum experience in the IT field - Guys please Post
Micky-NJ - 04:56pm Dec 15, 2000 EST

The reason I am posting this in the 485 message board is because some of you may have been through this dilemma.
I looked around to find any posts for people - who have a 3 year Bachelor\'s
Degree and 8+ years in the IT field. Can such people apply for EB2. My attorney says YES coz it can be shown that 3 years of experience equals 1 year of Education and hence the person now has a Equivalent of 4 yrs Bachelor\'s Degree + 5 years experience.

Is this true. Please Help

Thank You

No Title

Yes , Micky. I have done it. I am BS + 13 yrs of experience in IT field. I got my I 140 cleared and also applied for I 485.

Goodluck.

GARAMKUTTA

No Title

Garamkutta,

Thank You for your help. I am very relieved now.
Did you have a 3 years bachelor\'s degree or a 4 years bachelor\'s degree?
Was this from India?
Did you receive a RFE in your labor or I140?
What was your service center like VSC, CSC etc.?

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Micky

No Title

Govinda,

Thank You for your help.
Can you tell me if you have a 3 years bachelor\'s degree in what field?
Was this from India?
Did you receive a RFE in your labor or I140?
What was your service center like VSC, CSC etc.?

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Micky

No Title

Micky,

My education was 11 + 4 years bachelor. On this INS had taken a stand that this Bachelors is insufficient. They need 12 + 4. But very fortunately I had my ICWA degree and a few papers ( which I obtained before leaving India). Based on these papers my lawyer ( Rajiv Khanna) did a second evaluation of my education and thus my I 140 was approved.

If this information is of some help to you I am glad.

For anything beyond this you can send me a personal message.

GARAMKUTTA