Please Help!! EAD renewal applied both at VSC and Local INS

GC_mongerer

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have sent for my EAD renewal tio VSC on Nov. 12th. Did not hear anything.

So resent another application on 30th December.

Waited till Jan 8th and have gone to Local INS office and showed them the tracking receipt of my first application. They have asked me to submit another application at local INS for EAD renewal.

Today I got ND for the application sent on Dec. 30th.

So, currently, there are two applications which are being processed,
VSC (RD Dec 30th. ND - Jan 9th)
and one at
Local INS (RD Jan 8th).

Would this cause any problems???

(My current EAD is expiring tomorrow and I am planning to be on unpaid leave till my EAD approval)

Thanks

EAD EXP

I would go for an walkin EAD at Newark. It takes 5 to 6 hours before they issue you one.

did they give any appointment?

or what did they say when u submitted the EAD renewal at Arlington INS?. One of my friends got interim EAd at Arlington using the same method as you did. Please reply. Thanks

Morgan,

They said, they cannot issue an interim EAD cos its not been over 90 days since I have applied my first application. Altough, they have told me to come with Employer's letter after 30 days are past and if i dont hear anything from local INS office. Then they might issue a temporary EAD the same day.

GC_mongerer

Go to the local INS office with the Vermont Receipt.They will issue the same day EAD.Go very early 4am.

Both me and my wife got the EAD from NY INS office yesterday 1/17/03.

Hope this helps

Chapter11

Chapter11,

Thanks, Thats good news.. I might try that..

Question, was it past 90 days since u applied for your renewal at VSC? or u got your EAD as your current one is expiring?

GC_mongerer

No ,there were two weeks left for the 90 days.I took the yellow paper from the ins office.The yellow paper says that if you have completed 90 days then you should fill it.INS NY is not that particular about 90 days.One of my colleague also did the same.

If they do not ask don't mention about 90 days.

Best of luck.

Chapter11

EAD approval from Local INS!

I got the EAD approval from LOCAL INS.
I have put a stop payment on the checks i have submitted to VSC earlier.

:)

Procedure

GCMonger,
what is ur local INS? and what is the procedure? Do you have to call and setup an appointment or can you just go and receive the EAD? What documents u need?
i am near the chicago local INS... any idea abt temp EAD here ?

Re: EAD EXP

Originally posted by sunk1ng
I would go for an walkin EAD at Newark. It takes 5 to 6 hours before they issue you one.

Hi sunk1ng,

Have you done a walkin EAD at Newark, if so will you please explain your experiance at Newark. I am about to go for an interim EAD at Newark. My application for EAD at Vermont is completed 90 days.

Thanks...

GC_mongerer

Congratulations!. Pls tell us your experience in Local INS when you got the EAD. Is it in Arlington?. Mine is expiring on 31st Jan. when I went to get interim EAD in Arlington on 21st they said it has to be 90 days past the first application. Since mine is not like that I just came back. So pls post your reply asap. Will be very helpful. Thanks

gcnov13,
my local INS is Arlington, VA.
I did not take any appointment.. I stood in line from 6:30 AM.They let us in at 7:30 AM. There were about 75 people in front of me in the line and got my turn to speak an officer at 10:30 AM.

morgan60,
As I have mentioned before.. I have sent the application on Nov. 12th and there was no ND from VSC regarding that. I had the tracking confirmation which i have taken as evidence. The officer has asked me to come after 90 days.. but I have told him that its past 50 days and there is no indication at VSC that they have my application, so I suggested that it might be lost and it wud not be useful to anyone if i wait for another 40 days and the application dint turn up.. Also, I told that my EAD is expiring in 10 days from then and since I have applied well in advance and VSC seem to have lost the application I have asked them to issue EAD the same day.
He then checked the status to see if my EAD renewal application is pending at VSC. He did not find any entry. So, he asked me to wait and he consulted his supervisor and then told me that they cannot issue the EAD the same day but would accept my renewal application then with fee. He also mentioned that they are not accepting I-765's but since my application seem to have lost, they have considered my case.

Hope, that information helped you!!

I wish you good luck!!

Thanks very much GC_mongerer

It looks like your case is different and you explained to the officers in a polite way. You were lucky that you met with a patient officer. Congratulations again. In my case, my company has applied for H1-B premium processing last week. Hoping, at least, one of them gets approval by this month end. Thanks for your reply.

Morgan!

Hope things work out for you. I was in the same boat as you. My company also said that they wud apply for H1-B premuim processing.. If its an extension of the current H1-B then thats fine.. else you may have to re-enter U.S. on the H1 Visa to work.. thats what my laywer has suggested me.

Coming on H1 visa has no side impact whatsoever on your current I-485 status... (again those are words from my laywer).

Wanted to share the info. Plz. concern your attorney too.

I feel INS rules are the way how each person interprets them..

Again Good luck!