Please HELP: EAD Approved - Wrong start and end dates

MyGC2004

Registered Users (C)
Please HELP: EAD Approved - Wrong start and end dates

Here are my details (VSC)
First EAD exipres - May 17 2004
EAD renewal ND - Jan 11, 2004
EAD renewal AD - Apr 19, 2004

The problem is my new EAD is showing the validity from 08/05/2004 to 04/04/2005.
There is more than 2 1/2 months of gap from my first EAD expiration. Gurus, please help me on this.

Based on some reading, I might have to do one or more of the following.
1. Send the Card to VSC explaining the problem and wait for corrected card (through the lawyer ofcourse)
2. Can I go to local INS office may be ASAP and ask for the interim EAD as if I didn't know of this approval.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visited local INS office. Nothing useful.

I went to our local INS office this morning. I'm told that I have to send the card to VSC explaining the problem and wait for them to correct it. I also asked if I can legally work if I don't receive the corrected card before the current card expiration. The answer for that looks like YES but I'm sure the person who told me that is not aware of it.
Please share your suggestions and experiences.

Thanks.

iEAD ??

Maybe you can ask your local INS office to issue interim EAD for 2 and half months. that way you wont have to send out ur already approved EAD. Worth trying...

MyGC2004

Dude what r u doing ?? u went there and didn't ask for iEAD. O C'mon how can you do that. Make a trip again tomorrow and get iEAD to cover up that period. If they give you that iEAD then you don't even have to send ur card to VSC because working on iEAD is perfectly legal and as soon as that expires ur new Cards date will kick in.

let us know what you did.

Went to local INS office just for that.

I went to local INS office just for that reason i.e. to get the iEAD to cover the 2 1/2 months. They said they don't give iEAD if EAD is already approved, they issue it only if EAD is pending.

MyGC2004
sorry to hear that man. have u sent ur wrong EAD card to VSC already if not send it overnight.
keep a colored photocopy of this wrong EAD with you "in case". Hopefully they shud send u bak corrected card ASAP, explain ur situation to them and suck up to th eofficer a bit so he does ur work first and fast. i know its not ur fault at all but this is INS...