• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please help DV 2012 Visa: Urgently need advice

Looks like this guy had a similiar problem.

"DV2010 Nativity

I am DV Selectee for 2010, I was born in Kuwait while my parents were on work permit. Our origin is from Jordan. However, my parents were born outside Jordan.
We all have the Jordanian nationality. In my application, I have stated that my nativity/chargeability country is Jordan.

I have recently known that my nativity should be my country of birth. I have contacted KCC and they only sent me the standard DV instructions document.

Both countries, Kuwait and Jordan are eligible for DV and in the same region (Asia).

I would like to know if this needs to be corrected before my interview at the embassy.

Furthermore, in 2003, I was refused visit visa by the embassy for not satisfying the officer that I will leave USA at the end of the period authorized to stay. Would this affect my situation?'

As long as you were not born in Vietnam or the Philippines -- which are NOT eligible; you might be able to convince them if you make a strong case. Good luck.

As long as you were not born in Vietnam or the Philippines -- which are NOT eligible; you might be able to convince them if you make a strong case. Good luck.

Thanks. I hope KCC will give me a definite answer on this. When I called in yesterday, they told me that I am still eligible but in the email they just stated the standarded requirements. So, I really have no idea anymore.

I have some plans to start a Master programme in August for 2 years and I don't know what to do about that now. :(

Kcc will not be able to change the date on your original entry but you can fill the appropriate DOB on the form Dsp 230 and send it to them you will explain the discripancy to the co during the interview I hope this help.