Please help-Can I use AC21 to join new company

Rapidigmvictim

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I work for Rapidigm and I have filed my 485 in october. If I join another company after 180 days using my EAD & AC21 Law, will there be any problem ? Is it possible for Rapidigm to cancel my 140 after 180 days ? Gurus please help. My project will end soon , I am pretty sure as soon as I am out of the project Rapidigm will lay off me. I am getting good offer from a different company and the company also agrees to wait till my 180 days are over. Gurus please help me on this. I am very confused and I have no choice other than joining the new company.

You can absolutely go head if you are --

sure your current company will not withdraw your I140. That is the law. However, not all the companies notice that law and some of them withdraw the I140 once you leave for another one. In that case INS would do nothing but stop reviewing your case.

NOTHING is "absolutely" true about AC21

I agree that you are probably pretty safe BUT nothing is absolute about AC21 since there are no implementing regulations. In you\'re case, AC21 would have little or no meaning if it did not help in your situation but there is still ther requirement that the jobs be "similar". That term has never been defined.

Jim

James d. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702