Please Help!!! B2 extension and air tickets

gcwaiter66

Registered Users (C)
My parents are B2. Their I-94s expire on June 11 2007 and they have return tickets of June 5 2007 (One year open).

If I want to extend their status to December this year, Do I need to change their tickets first to some time in December and send the copies of new tickets with the I-539 application or I can just send in the old tickets?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ticketsz

Dates on the Tickets have no bearing on the extension approval. The existence of a Ticket indicates to the Immigration Officer the intent to return. But I don't believe any extensions are denied for lack of a return ticket.

You need to provide the reason for wanting to extend and a convincing evidence that they have to return to their origin country.

You need to provide justification for applying for an extension. Their previous travel history to the US, duration of stays, and other factors will come into play for the I-539 adjudication process. Just remember the downside. A denial makes their multiple entry visa null and void.

My parents are B2. Their I-94s expire on June 11 2007 and they have return tickets of June 5 2007 (One year open).

If I want to extend their status to December this year, Do I need to change their tickets first to some time in December and send the copies of new tickets with the I-539 application or I can just send in the old tickets?

Thanks in advance for your help.