please help: ADDRESS CHANGE-- YOUR EXPERIENCE?

eb2kid

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am about to file my I-485, and my lawyers are making me paranoid about address change. I plan to move in about 6 months, and they recommend I should either not move until I receive my GC or not file until I move, b/c they say the address change often times goes wrong.

My questions
-- what are ppl's experiences w/ address changes of pending I-485's?

-- Has anyone used PO box numbers instead of physical addresses? My lawyers strongly advise against it, but I called the USCIS hotline twice and both parties said it was ok to use PO box addresses.

-- Has anyone tried their work or Mailboxes ETC address?

Thanks for your help.

Attorney is correct.

Give someone's address which is permanent..like a friend who has a house and a permanent job etc.,

I am staying for the past 3 years in the same house,for this same reason !!

I am moving pretty much every year and have had no prolems. I485 pending since 2004. Just make sure you call USCIS and submit the address change form within 10 days after you move out

Even moving out of state?

I am moving pretty much every year and have had no prolems. I485 pending since 2004. Just make sure you call USCIS and submit the address change form within 10 days after you move out

Tedun, have you moved out of state as well? No issues with change of address on EAD and AP?

Please let me know,

I have moved between three states since I filed 485, have got AP/EAD approved few times. Make sure mail AR-11 and call USCIS 1-800 for address change.

My lawyer also asked me not to move from that place if possible until the approval.

- rspr

One can move many time before 485 approval even state to state. However, they should not jeoperdise the location of the job offered, unless it is a AC21 move. I moved from one state to other state and filed AR11 and called customer service to update address.

USCIS has sent me an official letter confirming my address change and I received the FP notice to my new address. Even, I am thinking of moving to another apartment as I do not like the current one. Therefore, There is no need to worry about address change, as long as you notify them correctly. Your lawyers are not advising properly. Furhtermore, online address change also may be the 100% secured way of changing the address.