Please help - 1-551 stamp

rekha1

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was approved last week. We scheduled infopass appointment on nov 2, 2004. After reading the flash news about phasing out I-551 stamps on Oct 26, 2004 I am confused. Can anybody guide me what to do.
Thanks!

Go get it stamped!!

The speculation about the 551 stamp is connected to travel plans and not for getting the passport stamped. Just go get your passport stamped on your appointment day. Get it done with. That is the temporary proof of your PR.

Now, if you have travel plans after the stamping and before you get your card, then, that is what you need to be worried about. Talk to your attorneys about it.

rekha1 said:
My 485 was approved last week. We scheduled infopass appointment on nov 2, 2004. After reading the flash news about phasing out I-551 stamps on Oct 26, 2004 I am confused. Can anybody guide me what to do.
Thanks!
Party time, don't think anything else. Go get the stamping done Rekha!!!

rekha1 said:
Thanks!

Do not get confused by reports and rumors. Go get your passport stamped and wait for your plastic card. You are likely to get your card within 60 days. Good luck!

I-551 stamping is WRT to the people under CP when they enter the US for the first time after they get their immigrant visa. Not for the people affected by AOS/I-485

HTH

hathwar said:
I-551 stamping is WRT to the people under CP when they enter the US for the first time after they get their immigrant visa. Not for the people affected by AOS/I-485

HTH

Can you provide the link to the authentic news (published on USCIS or any other govt.agency).

Yesterday I got my passport stamped. How long will it take to receive the card.

Thanks

It took 3 weeks for my wife

We went for stamping on Oct 8th and we received card for her on 27th. I could not make it for that appoinement then. I am still waiting for my card.