please give your opinion about the FP for 2 I485s

jiang.62

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Please give me your opinion.

My lawyer filed I485 for me in 02/2003, and I did FP1 in 05/2003, it's based on EB1 OR I140. Then in 08/2003 my I140 based on labor was approved, so my lawyer filed the 2nd I485 for me on 02/2004. The reason he gave was it doesn't hurt to file the 2nd one, and it can be a backup if the 1st one is denied by mistake.

Anyway, I just received the 2nd FP notice, but the application number in it is the 2nd one EAC04090***, and my 1st I485 is EAC03124***. Although I have only one alien number for both cases.

My question is, from the process flow, this looks like the 2nd FP for the EAC03124 case, but I am afraid that the FP results will be put into the EAC0409 case and delay the EAC03124 case. Contacted the lawyer, he said it doesn't matter. VSC will match my finger print to the current processed case, which is the earlier one I suppose.

What should I do? Anyone heard people with two I485s get approved with no complications?

Thanks.

Don't panic and worry just go for FP/

since u have one Alien# it would be attatched in their elec file system. and it seems me its not ur second pitition FP . it is 2nd FP for First pitition, hope u aware of that FP is valid upto 15 monhts, calculate ur 1st FP date.

And at time of FP don't try to tell or explain any story to make officer confuse. :D

And also, you can have more than one G.C pending if u want :D don't worry, it usualy trigger to local INS office intervew, they will figure it out. read the thread of 'Standard 485 Procedure' in Texas fourm.

Read detail the Standard 485 Procedure
http://www.ilw.com/lawyers/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf

Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Friends,

Thanks for your response. Seems like we have two different opinion.

Anyway, it's too late to change. I will consult with my lawyer again.

Thanks again.