please give me directions.. got laid off

smittal

I will be laid off on 25th Sep 2003. Got notice from employer. I had filed 485 in Dec 2002 and got EAD in Feb 2003. Please suggest/advise me. I am trying to get a job on the basis of EAD now.

*. Is there any time period before that i should get job? i mean what is the limit of days i can live in this country without job?.

* my spouse who is on H4 ( we had filed her 485 im May 2003 but still waiting for her EAD and advance parole).If I join new job on EAD ,what will be the status of my spouse?

* Will my greencard processing be stopped if i join new employer?

*what document should i collect from cuurent employer before going for another job?.

Originally posted by smittal

*. Is there any time period before that i should get job? i mean what is the limit of days i can live in this country without job?.

* my spouse who is on H4 ( we had filed her 485 im May 2003 but still waiting for her EAD and advance parole).If I join new job on EAD ,what will be the status of my spouse?

* Will my greencard processing be stopped if i join new employer?

*what document should i collect from cuurent employer before going for another job?.

* There is no time period, you are in status from the day you filed your 485. But better to have a job in hand, if you need to reply any RFE.

* You spouse will also be in status as her 485 was also filed.

* If you join a new employer, you can use AC21 portability, as long as your new job is same or similar to that mentioned in your LC.

* No need to collect any document, but hang on to your layoff letter ( just to show you have every intention to work for the sponsoring employer)