Please Explain !! Concurrent Filing-180 Day Clock ???

peace0901

Registered Users (C)
Please Explain !! Concurrent Filing-180 Day Clock ???

Dear Experts,
I am having difficulty to understand the concept of 180 day clock in concurrent filing.

As I understand, according to existing rules prior to concurrent filing, I can change jobs 180 days after I filed for I-485. I could only file for I-485 if my I-140 is approved.

With concurrent filing, I can file for both I-140 and I-485 together (or in our case we filed for I-485 2 month after filing I-140). My question is:
The 180 day period of waiting before switching jobs starts when???
1. Does it start from the day I filed for I-485 ? or
2. Does it start from the day my I-140 is approved ?

Please take time to respond to questions. I would appreciate it if you could mention whether the response you give is based on the advise of your attorney or not.
Thank you very much

it is assumed to start from the receipt of i-485

Even yesterday a similar question was asked on the online chat of a famous lady attorney.....
The answer is though there is no specific rule regarding this related to the concurrent processing, it is assumed that the 180 day starts from the RD of i-485, it is not from the 140 approval date.

But, you have to consult with an attorney before taking any decision.

hey..140 and 485 together?

Q.hey..were u alowed to file 485 2 months after 140..i thought this is not allowed and is risky..please let me know as i an=m in that stage right now so any reply u know from an a ttorney or anything i would greatly appreciate it..my attorney says it is risky! please advise!!

Why Risky to File I-485 with I-140 receipt ??

I want to know why it is risky to file for I-485 2 months after you file for I-140 ??
I saw on this board that many people applied I-485 with the I-140 recipt.
What are the risk involved ?? My lawyer never explained the risks involved.
Could you tell us all what the risks you lawyer explained ??